PDA

View Full Version : Need help with this train wreck........

chekraze
08-31-2005, 04:56 PM
I couldn't get hand converter to work, but please critique me on this hand that seems fraught with errors. villain unremarkable as far as a read.

Table Table 37487 (Real Money) -- Seat 9 is the button

Seat 1: HERO( $12.27)

Seat 8: VILLAIN( $25.35)

Seat 10: mickdel ( $23.53)
mickdel posts small blind (0.10)
Dok_Flop posts big blind (0.25)
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to HERO [ Qh, Qc ]

Kallekula1 raises (1) to 1

mickdel calls (0.90)
Dok_Flop calls (0.75)
** Dealing Flop ** : [ 9h, 7s, 9d ]
mickdel checks.
HERO bets (2)
VILLAIN calls (2)
mickdel folds.
** Dealing Turn ** : [ 3c ]
HERO bets (3)
VILLAIN calls (3)
** Dealing River ** : [ 3d ]
HERO bets (2)
VILLAIN calls (2)

I can post result if it helps......i'll wait.

rikz
08-31-2005, 06:13 PM
1- I like to buy in for a full $25 instead of being short stacked like you are here.
2- You're play looks generally OK to me. You raised preflop, bet a decent amount on the flop, applied a continued, but measured amount of pressure on the turn, and made a value bet on the river. All that calling by villain looks pretty suspicious, however.
3-You might choose to check on either the turn or river to manage the pot size a little better. After all, who calls a decent-sized bet from the preflop raiser on this flop that you beat? Maybe JJ or TT, but a hand with a 9 in it is more likely. I'd want to believe KK or AA would have reraised preflop. Maybe AK might call the flop hoping to hit a high card, but not the turn bet too. I think a hand with a 9 in it (T9, J9, 89, 97, or A9s) is more likely than a straight draw or two missed over cards. So, if you want to try to keep the pot smaller, maybe (1) check/call the turn (or fold to a huge overbet from villain) and make a $2 blocking bet on the river with the plan to fold to an all-in or major raise from villain on the river. Or, (2) bet the turn like you did, but check/call up to a pot-sized bet on the river.

With your stack so small, however, you probably have to see this hand through to the end unless villain is generally passive post flop and raises one of your bets so much that you are convinced that he must have a 9 or better.

chekraze
09-01-2005, 12:18 AM
the villain was preflop raiser..............i just called his raise. should i have reraised him PF?

yvesaint
09-01-2005, 12:20 AM
Yeah, sorry, but I can't tell what the hell is going on pre-flop. What position are you? Who are you? Is this 6-max of full ring? Please re-write the hand history yourself ...

chekraze
09-01-2005, 12:43 AM
I couldn't get hand converter to work, but please critique me on this hand that seems fraught with errors. villain unremarkable as far as a read.

Table Table 37487 (Real Money) -- Seat 9 is the button

Seat 1: HERO( $12.27)

Seat 8: VILLAIN( $25.35)

Seat 10: SB( $23.53)
SBposts small blind (0.10)
Hero posts big blind (0.25)
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to HERO [ Qh, Qc ]

Villain raises (1) to 1

SB calls (0.90)
Hero calls (0.75)
** Dealing Flop ** : [ 9h, 7s, 9d ]
SB checks.
HERO bets (2)
VILLAIN calls (2)
SB folds.
** Dealing Turn ** : [ 3c ]
HERO bets (3)
VILLAIN calls (3)
** Dealing River ** : [ 3d ]
HERO bets (2)
VILLAIN calls (2)

I can post result if it helps......i'll wait.

trumpman84
09-01-2005, 01:56 AM
I think you are ahead to a medium pocket pair. Villain never shows any aggression at all in the hand, so it's hard to put him on a 9. The only thing I can really see villain having that you can't beat here is an AA or KK that just decided to let you do all the betting.