PDA

View Full Version : Pushing Draws Level 4 and Beyond?

08-31-2005, 04:53 PM
Was this a good move? PP $11

Seat 1 is the button
Total number of players : 5
Seat 1: pbrand ( $1205 )
Seat 2: mandebach ( $1360 )
Seat 3: uclabruinz ( $990 )
Seat 7: doodoobandit ( $3145 )
Seat 8: WillForest ( $1300 )
Blinds(50/100)
Dealt to uclabruinz [ 4d 3d ]
3 folds.
mandebach calls [50].
uclabruinz checks.
** Dealing Flop ** [ 5h, 9d, Jd ]
mandebach bets [150].
uclabruinz is all-In [890]

08-31-2005, 04:57 PM
I think it would have been more effective with a raise preflop to show strength and establish control of the hand. only 100 in the pot and a 150 bet. Probably best to just let it go at this point.

08-31-2005, 05:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think it would have been more effective with a raise preflop to show strength and establish control of the hand. only 100 in the pot and a 150 bet. Probably best to just let it go at this point.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you've misread the hand somewhere. He has 3/4 of diamonds and flops a flush.

Edit: I think I've misread the hand. He has 3/4 of diamonds and flops a flush draw.

08-31-2005, 05:18 PM
i didn't misread anything...flop was /images/graemlins/heart.gif /images/graemlins/diamond.gif /images/graemlins/diamond.gif from what i'm reading. He does have the draw though, correct play i agree...still think a raise preflop trying to take it down right there is still the better play though

08-31-2005, 05:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i didn't misread anything...flop was /images/graemlins/heart.gif /images/graemlins/diamond.gif /images/graemlins/diamond.gif from what i'm reading. He does have the draw though, correct play i agree...still think a raise preflop trying to take it down right there is still the better play though

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, you were right, I was wrong.

Burno
08-31-2005, 06:42 PM
I'm sure some will disagree, but if the villain is halfway decent I like it. A SB complete + flop bet is often air, and your hand is rarely in bad shape when called.

I'd be a lot more reluctant to try this if the SB had more or less chips, but I think his stack size is perfect for this play. He's not short enough where he must gamble and not big enough to gamble loosely. He must consider that if he calls and loses he is now the doomed one.

There is 350 in the pot, which represents a good chunk of your stack, and you are in a position where you need to make some aggressive plays to get chips before you are whittled down by the blinds.