PDA

View Full Version : more news of the weird........

Boris
08-31-2005, 04:50 PM
humans can't be depicted as sex objects (http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/news/archive/2005/08/31/entertainment/e123541D35.DTL)

This is a link to a news article about Britain's advertising laws. Apparently you can't depict humans as sex objects in any advertisement. Sigh......... lucky for me I like sheep. But what are the rest of you going to do?

Model Jerry Hall is in trouble below ground.

The former model, and ex-wife of Rolling Stone Mick Jagger, has had advertisements for her new reality show, "Kept," banned from London's subway system on Wednesday because it violates a rule banning the use of people as sex objects.

The poster shows Hall surrounded by several half-naked men with her holding a leash wrapped around their necks.

The London Underground, which operates the vast public transportation network, said the poster had been put up in four stations without permission.

"This advert breaches our advertising code relating to the depiction of men, women and children as sexual objects," a London Underground spokesman said.

"Kept," which has already aired in the U.S., begins showing in Britain this week. In it, the 49-year-old tries to find a younger man to be her boy toy. Twelve men will compete with the winner winning a six-figure cash prize.

Johnny Richter
08-31-2005, 05:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Sigh......... lucky for me I like sheep. But what are the rest of you going to do?

[/ QUOTE ]

disturbing.

Shajen
08-31-2005, 05:29 PM
I call dibs on goats.