PDA

View Full Version : Very boring....check up

ghostface
08-31-2005, 04:12 PM
BB is classic donk. 48/10/1 over some amount of hands.

Hero is UTG with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif J/images/graemlins/heart.gif

Hero raises, 2 folds, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop (8sb): K/images/graemlins/heart.gif 8/images/graemlins/club.gif 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

SB checks, BB bets, Hero ???

This is not an actual hand but an example of where all my money goes.

Would it change if the flop conatined 2 spades? If the 8 were a T?

I have been calling/raising wayyyy too much here and I think the way its set up its fold, fold, call. Is that correct?

wheelz
08-31-2005, 04:21 PM
I think fold, call with 2 spades, and easy call if the 8 is a T instead is the answer.

mcvalenc
08-31-2005, 04:25 PM
I'd fold the original flop. I'd also fold if I had a backdoor nut flush draw, because I would hate to get raised w/2 others left to act. I'd probably call w/the gutshot + overcard.

ghostface
08-31-2005, 04:27 PM
The reason I say fold with two spades, especiall if the K is a /images/graemlins/spade.gif is my immediate odds arent there and the implied for a 1 card flush just dont seem high enough. Also my A outs are not a full 3 I'm sure. I'll say with two spades on the board I have maybe 4 outs at most, including the bd straight.

In this case is the bd straight even worth consideration since it only improves to a gutshot at best on the turn?

Jeez why cant I tell myself this while playing....

wheelz
08-31-2005, 04:28 PM
Yeah I guess it's different not closing the action, but with an overcard, backdoor nut flush draw, and backdoor straight draw, I think you have too much hand to fold the flop getting 9:1. Especially against a donk.

baronzeus
08-31-2005, 04:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah I guess it's different not closing the action, but with an overcard, backdoor nut flush draw, and backdoor straight draw, I think you have too much hand to fold the flop getting 9:1. Especially against a donk.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah. Usually a donk means mid pair or a draw. RARELY does it mean top pair against standard players.

ghostface
08-31-2005, 04:31 PM
Ok then how much am I losing if I fold in this spot?

Say the pot contained only 6sbs before his bet?

baronzeus
08-31-2005, 04:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Ok then how much am I losing if I fold in this spot?

Say the pot contained only 6sbs before his bet?

[/ QUOTE ]

its an easy fold even if the pot is 8sbs with only one backdoor draw. When you add backdoor draws its closer but I'd like at least a gutshot and an overcard without a spade on the board.