PDA

View Full Version : 22 Maybe too LAG, 20 40

08-31-2005, 01:26 PM
Villain just tried to bluff me on river couple hands ago, but I called with a bottom pair on 3 flush board. I remember him not being very good.
So 6 handed game and I open 2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif UTG
SB calls and BB(villain) three bets I and the SB call.

Flop was J /images/graemlins/heart.gif 6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif And I raise villains bet, the sb folded and villain called

Turn 4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif Check-bet-call.

River 7 /images/graemlins/club.gif He check-called again.

Think I might have took this one little too far trying to value bet, does anyone fold 22 UTG?

wheelz
08-31-2005, 01:29 PM
Oh yes did you ever. Definitely fold 22 UTG. I'll only open with it 6 handed from the button or the CO if the blinds aren't loose

08-31-2005, 01:38 PM
What your line, is 66 the lowest pair you open raise from UTG?
As said I open raise every pair from every position, it feels like most of the players play so ABC that you could maybe make money with all these hands.
I wont think about open calling /images/graemlins/wink.gif

wheelz
08-31-2005, 01:44 PM
I'll open with 55 sometimes too. This hand I guess your line is OK, it sounds like this guy might have actually given you an ace high call. But you raised him on the flop and every possible draw has come in by the river. He'd have to be pretty bad to call you without a pair on the river I think.

This hand is so tough to play postflop, which is why I don't get involved with it UTG.

paco
08-31-2005, 03:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]

This hand is so tough to play postflop, which is why I don't get involved with it UTG.

[/ QUOTE ]

Or really, don't get involved from any position unless we're getting 4-1+ or stealing with tight blinds or HU in blind battle.
ONe of the posters did a Wilson software test and found that only 44 and above is profitable as a stealing hand aginst players that play decently out of the blinds.

Grisgra
08-31-2005, 03:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
As said I open raise every pair from every position, it feels like most of the players play so ABC that you could maybe make money with all these hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

ABC? What 20/40 games have YOU been playing?! /images/graemlins/confused.gif

I probably fold this UTG because of the reasons already given.

Re postfop, I like it all, but thin value-bet on the end. Though given the number of people calling me down with A-high on scary boards . . . to be honest, I think it's neutral EV, so I don't care either way. Table-image wise, I like it, so bet /images/graemlins/smile.gif.

wackjob
08-31-2005, 03:52 PM
22 UTG too weak for my style. I think you need superior postflop play to every opponent at the table & good reads on all of them to make a comfortable open raise with 22. The way you played it I like it all.

mcvalenc
08-31-2005, 04:07 PM
I'd fold this preflop. I'm not sure if I'd bet the river, I'd like a read that an opponent will call down w/A high on these boards.

09-01-2005, 04:19 AM
I won.