PDA

View Full Version : Need Advice on Chip Distribution

KramerTM
08-31-2005, 12:40 PM
So I'm playing in two of the PPM V Semi-finals this weekend. One Limit and one No Limit.

PP allows you to add on additional starting chips earned by playing raked hands. When all is said and done, I will have about 2K extra chips to distribute at will. The starting stacks for each tourney is 1K.

Here's my question:

In general, assuming no difference between skill level between the games, is there any advantage to skewing the chip distribution toward one game? My gut tells me to put all the chips in the NL tourney because stacks are of supreme importance there, but my gut has been wrong before.

Any advice is appreciated.

KramerTM
08-31-2005, 03:06 PM
Please?

pokergrader
08-31-2005, 03:16 PM
I would agree with NL. Having a big stack early in limit does not help your ability to bully people, and by the time the stakes are high enough to actually bully people, the extra 1k chips is pretty much worthless.

I would definetly put it in NL where you can use them more effectively towards the beginning.

durron597
08-31-2005, 03:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I would definetly put it in NL where you can use them more effectively towards the beginning.

[/ QUOTE ]

Put them in NL so you can stack the people at your table who also put them in NL.

KramerTM
08-31-2005, 03:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I would agree with NL. Having a big stack early in limit does not help your ability to bully people, and by the time the stakes are high enough to actually bully people, the extra 1k chips is pretty much worthless.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for confirming my hunch. Makes sense.

tom441lbk
08-31-2005, 05:46 PM
yes definitely in NL, no question about it, chipstack isn't of huge importance in LHE tourneys,especially <font color="black"> </font> early <font color="black"> </font> on