PDA

View Full Version : Two big pairs on semi-scary board vs sudden aggression

Tropex
08-31-2005, 12:37 PM
I encountered this one. I got the KQ fibe from my opponent but after he capped the turn, should I still have Bet or check call the river (as I did)

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) pokerhand.org hand converter (http://www.pokerhand.org)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP calls, SB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP calls.

Turn: (6 BB) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP caps</font>, Hero calls.

River: (14 BB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 16 BB

krishanleong
08-31-2005, 12:40 PM
looks good.

Krishan

08-31-2005, 01:32 PM
If your opponent wont do this kind of play with 77 you need to go as many bets as possible on river, at least I suppose that's how 0.5 1 plays.

Edit: Add a bit, this is kind of situation very reads are everything if you have played more then couple of rounds on table you prolyl have at least a feeling how your opponent plays preflop, woulden't he really raise a AK/77/or even a big pair?

And if he is a thinking player, what does he think about you? If you play the normal 2+2 play he prolly thinks you are nit and you should just do what you did on river.

Tropex
08-31-2005, 04:21 PM
When he went mad on turn, I figure he'd probably have KQ. I didn't trust my read enough to play the river more aggressively since I "only" got 2 pair. Although it's a monster of a hand, some of these players happily cap with gutshot and since I didn't have the nuts, I kinda left a bit room for a set or a straight.

Maybe I should've raised river and called 3-bet ?