PDA

View Full Version : I cant find a fold

ahnuld
08-31-2005, 11:54 AM
2-4 on prima. Table is very donkish last few days. UTG donk limps, very good solid tricky player opens to 16. This is generally TT-AA AK-AQ when table is donkish. IM in the BB with QQ. I call, limper calls. I have 400 btw and villan has me covered.

50 in pot. Flop comes 3 /images/graemlins/club.gif 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif 3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif. I check, limper checks, villan bets 40. I call. I only call because I believe villan will keep betting his TT JJ here and I dont want him to stop. As well, A K appearing wouldnt stop him since he knows I wouldnt call with overs. He probably puts me on 88-44.

Turn is the 2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif I check, villan bets 90 into 130 pot. I call.

River is the 8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif I check, letting him value bet TT JJ and continue a straight out bluff. He puts me allin for 250. 310 in pot + 250 makes 560 I call.

P.S. Does anyone like check raising allin on turn?

AZK
08-31-2005, 12:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah if you are just going to call off anyway on the river.

radioheadfan
08-31-2005, 12:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah if you are just going to call off anyway on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

If the villian folds TT-JJ to an all-in CR on the turn, but will keep firing with it if you just call, the OP's line is clearly the best.

FWIW, villian's hand looks alot like AA/KK with a very small percentage of whiffed AK making a desperation bluff. I think TT/JJ checks this river or makes a smaller bet a large percentage of the time.

warlockjd
08-31-2005, 01:28 PM
Hands like this play themselves when you reraise preflop.

ahnuld
08-31-2005, 01:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hands like this play themselves when you reraise preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, so I reraise preflop, making it 50 to go. Villan calls. 104 in pot. I bet 80 on flop, he calls. Trun is the 2, whats my line? Push? Check fold?

Jason Strasser
08-31-2005, 01:57 PM
I like OPs line better than CR the turn because there is a chance he is bluffing, and he also might get away from worse pairs given the stack size if you CR all in the turn. This hand looks good to me versus a good aggressive player. I think the argument for CR is that there are potential scare cards and miracle cards for the opponent that might come which either lead to you folding the best hand, or getting outdrawn when the opponent will not put any more in.

To clarify, lets say he has two big cards and is firing a second barrel. Many times he will have the intentions of giving up after that second attempt, and thus you are much better off CR'ing him off the hand. But I think ultimately I think that it is worth the risk to call the turn, risking the above scenario, but maximizing your value versus worse pairs.

-Jason

-Jason

AZK
08-31-2005, 05:33 PM
op didn't mention if he has the Q clubs or not but I doubt this guy fires into the pot on a large # of river cards (so he stops bluffing which is bad for us), and you hate to see a club, A, K, J, T, etc...hence why I was a fan of the cr-all in, valid points though...what do you think about my counter?

mgsimpleton
08-31-2005, 05:39 PM
i like a c/r all in on the turn sometimes. sometimes i like a call... call when the guy is the type to habitually check call missed bluffs of any size on the river. then you can be on the anti flush draw and move in when he checks to you.

oh it seems like none of us are getting away from this. that's the thing about smooth calling big pairs preflop, bigger gamble but harder to get away from them. i just had to call an all in with QQ on a 98x board after calling just 3.5BB preflop, well i got lucky and he had TJ but i was basically gambling by not reraising. reraising let's them off sooooo easy.

warlockjd
08-31-2005, 09:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Ok, so I reraise preflop, making it 50 to go. Villan calls. 104 in pot. I bet 80 on flop, he calls. Trun is the 2, whats my line? Push? Check fold

[/ QUOTE ]

Fire again and fold to a raise or check fold.