PDA

View Full Version : StudAssist !!update!! - keep track of folded upcards

MaxPowerPoker
08-31-2005, 10:31 AM
I have updated StudAssist to allow you to enter cards with the keyboard instead of having to use the mouse. Hopefully this will make it faster to enter the cards during play.

Standard card abbreviations apply (case is not important):
Ac = Ace of Clubs
9h = Nine of Hearts
Td = Ten of Diamonds
etc...

http://mmpos.com/support/Curt/studassist.exe

http://mmpos.com/support/Curt/studassist.JPG

IHateKeithSmart
09-01-2005, 12:30 AM
Very nice Max. Thanks for this.

mshalen
09-01-2005, 07:23 AM
Thanks max, a very helpfull program.

Just one problem. I downloaded the program and when it is displayed I don't get anything below the 4. Any suggestions?

MaxPowerPoker
09-01-2005, 07:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Just one problem. I downloaded the program and when it is displayed I don't get anything below the 4. Any suggestions?

[/ QUOTE ]

Is the program just too tall to fit on your screen? If that is the case, you can change your resolution to at least 1024 x 768. In the mean time, I'll work on making it smaller.

Let me know if that is not your problem.

mshalen
09-01-2005, 08:31 AM
You are right. I changed the resolution and the box fits. Thanks.

MaxPowerPoker
09-01-2005, 08:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have updated the program to give you the option to display either vertically or horizontally. Check it out:

http://mmpos.com/support/Curt/studassit-horizontal.jpg
http://mmpos.com/support/Curt/studassit-vertical.jpg

smartalecc5
09-01-2005, 01:20 PM
2 questions:

-Does this program work automatically (reads the HHF as Partypoker.com writes it)

-How are 7-card-stud games online? Is 2/4 tougher or easier than FL holdem per se.

MaxPowerPoker
09-01-2005, 01:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
-Does this program work automatically (reads the HHF as Partypoker.com writes it)

[/ QUOTE ]

Reading the HHF would be useless as the upcards are not written to that file. So the answer is "no". The application is there to assist those who are better at entering data quickly than remembering cards.

theRealMacoy
09-01-2005, 07:24 PM
Max,

beautiful little app...clean and simple!
thanks for putting it out there.

one suggestion....could you have a running total cards that are unseen at the bottom, for quicker odds calculations

(i.e., if you had six up cards seen plus your two down cards means a total of eight, leaving 46 unseen cards....which would change as you click more cards)

cheers and good work,
the Real Macoy

MaxPowerPoker
09-02-2005, 07:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Max,

beautiful little app...clean and simple!
thanks for putting it out there.

one suggestion....could you have a running total cards that are unseen at the bottom, for quicker odds calculations

(i.e., if you had six up cards seen plus your two down cards means a total of eight, leaving 46 unseen cards....which would change as you click more cards)

cheers and good work,
the Real Macoy

[/ QUOTE ]

Great idea. I have updated the app to include this information.

mshalen
09-02-2005, 08:55 AM
Max:

Just wanted to have a public posting that says thank you.

I am in awe that a person posts a suggestion and 15 minutes later you have a new version available that incorporates the improvements.

You are amazing and have great talent. Thank you for sharing with us.

Michael

theRealMacoy
09-02-2005, 09:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Max:

I am in awe that a person posts a suggestion and 15 minutes later you have a new version available that incorporates the improvements.

Michael

[/ QUOTE ]

definately!

theRealMacoy
09-02-2005, 09:40 AM
just checked out the update...

love it!

it is sweet how you also have running tallies for the individual suits as well.

cheers,
the Real Macoy

MaxPowerPoker
09-02-2005, 09:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Max:

Michael

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the kind words. You give me too much credit though. The turnaround time was actually more like 12 hours and 15 minutes. He posted PM...and I had the update AM. I certainly would have had it out last night but the source code was on my office machine.

Thanks anyway.

TheNoocH
09-02-2005, 10:07 AM
nice little program...one thing that may be helpful is the ability to click on a greyed out card to ungrey it and add it back to live cards in case selected wrong card by mistake...

PS...how did you get the suits...did you use SYMBOL font or pics?

MaxPowerPoker
09-02-2005, 01:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
nice little program...one thing that may be helpful is the ability to click on a greyed out card to ungrey it and add it back to live cards in case selected wrong card by mistake...

[/ QUOTE ]

You can enable a card simply by deleting it from the "cards" text box. Do any of the rest of you guys who are using StudAssist think that this suggestion would improve the app?

[ QUOTE ]
PS...how did you get the suits...did you use SYMBOL font or pics?

[/ QUOTE ]

I stole them. Don't tell PokerAce. They are JPEG images that I found in my PokerAce HUD directory.

PokerAce
09-02-2005, 03:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I stole them. Don't tell PokerAce. They are JPEG images that I found in my PokerAce HUD directory.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey! Those cards took me an hour to make!

Just kidding. You can use them. No problem. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Maybe a mention and a link in the about box... /images/graemlins/wink.gif

theRealMacoy
09-06-2005, 07:18 AM
Yo MaxPower,

This is such a sweet little application it occured to me that you obviously have the computer skills/poker acumen to take on something bigger and juicier....

What about creating a datamine application for observed hands at Paradise? Something that many of your fellow poster could really use.

It has been done for Party and Pokerstars but nothing (that i can dig up) for Paradise.

Care to put the pedal to the metal? These things are completely out of my conception and thus this may be simply too difficult to create?

I am sure you would be forever worshiped by the low limit players of 2+2 (and others of course.... but most especially us).

Cheers,
the Real Macoy

MaxPowerPoker
09-06-2005, 07:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Yo MaxPower,

This is such a sweet little application it occured to me that you obviously have the computer skills/poker acumen to take on something bigger and juicier....

What about creating a datamine application for observed hands at Paradise? Something that many of your fellow poster could really use.

It has been done for Party and Pokerstars but nothing (that i can dig up) for Paradise.

Care to put the pedal to the metal? These things are completely out of my conception and thus this may be simply too difficult to create?

I am sure you would be forever worshiped by the low limit players of 2+2 (and others of course.... but most especially us).

Cheers,
the Real Macoy

[/ QUOTE ]

I appreciate the confidence you have in my programming skills. I think you underestimate the simplicity of the StudAssist program. I accept the compliment nontheless.

As far as a datamining app for Paradise...if you could explain exactly what you would want the app to do, I'd be happy to look into it. And who knows...maybe someone else has already solved the problem or would be willing to take on the project. I'll be honest with you though, I don't think I'm your man. We'll see.

MrBlueNose
09-06-2005, 01:12 PM
How about the option for multi-tabling? Just above the cards have tabs listing "table 1", "table 2" etc.

KramerTM
09-06-2005, 01:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
How about the option for multi-tabling? Just above the cards have tabs listing "table 1", "table 2" etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

Great program Max!

This is a good idea as well. The suggested tab format would work great if it's easy to do.

Lastly, I agree that being able to click a greyed card to make it active again would be a nice addition.

MaxPowerPoker
09-06-2005, 02:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Great program Max!

This is a good idea as well. The suggested tab format would work great if it's easy to do.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why not just open two copies of StudAssist - one for each table? Is the issue screen real estate? Seems like if you have enough room it would be least confusing to have two StudAssists running. I imagine the optimal configuration would be running two tables (one in the top left and the other in the top right) and running a StudAssist for each tale in horizontal mode positioned directly under the table it corresponds to.

[ QUOTE ]
Lastly, I agree that being able to click a greyed card to make it active again would be a nice addition.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll get to work on this.

MaxPowerPoker
09-06-2005, 10:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have updated the app to include this request. What a huge pain in my butt that was. Hope you like it.

http://mmpos.com/support/Curt/studassit-horizontal.jpg

TheNoocH
09-07-2005, 07:53 AM
Max...great job on the update...I know it had to be a pain but you did a very nice job...

MrBlueNose
09-07-2005, 10:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Why not just open two copies of StudAssist - one for each table? Is the issue screen real estate? Seems like if you have enough room it would be least confusing to have two StudAssists running. I imagine the optimal configuration would be running two tables (one in the top left and the other in the top right) and running a StudAssist for each tale in horizontal mode positioned directly under the table it corresponds to.

[/ QUOTE ]

but if you 3 table or 4 table it can be confusing having 3 or 4 instances of it running on the other monitor /images/graemlins/smile.gif Also, the ability to rename the tabs on-the-fly would be neat, to correspond to each table name.