PDA

View Full Version : Do you "crush" a limit?

08-31-2005, 09:59 AM
I often see people posting they crush $1/$2 or $2/$4 etc.
I'd like to know how you crush the others if you don't get any cards to play? What if you spend 3 hours getting nothing but trash? Do you lower your standard and play cards you normaly wouldn't? What if you get AK and the flop totally misses? Someone before you bets, do you call? Raise? Fold?

I'm trying my best to play as well as I can, but after 3 hours of trash I don't know how I can beat the game.

I'm at loss here /images/graemlins/frown.gif

pudley4
08-31-2005, 10:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I often see people posting they crush $1/$2 or $2/$4 etc.
I'd like to know how you crush the others if you don't get any cards to play? What if you spend 3 hours getting nothing but trash? Do you lower your standard and play cards you normaly wouldn't? What if you get AK and the flop totally misses? Someone before you bets, do you call? Raise? Fold?

I'm trying my best to play as well as I can, but after 3 hours of trash I don't know how I can beat the game.

I'm at loss here /images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

"crush" = long term (for good players)
"crush" = lots of short term luck (for bad players)

08-31-2005, 10:05 AM
Thanks.
I always thought crush meant good players could sit down and walk away 2 hours later with three times as much as they sat down with, basicly always.

reddred
08-31-2005, 10:12 AM
yeah, what he said.......crushing a game doesn't mean every time you sit at a table, you're doubling and tripling your buy-in. It means, over the long haul, you're beating the game at a good clip.....say 2-3BB/100, or more. Trust me when I say this, take the LONG term outlook on your poker game and completely forget about short term results. If you don't have PT, get it so you can assess your play after tens of thousands of hands. Good luck.

08-31-2005, 10:19 AM
But but..
PT costs as much as my entire stack /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

TStoneMBD
08-31-2005, 11:21 AM
i think that for winning players in limit, its about average that 40% of their sessions are losing sessions and 60% are winners, even if they are "crushing" the game.

Predator314
08-31-2005, 11:32 AM
LOL, I "CRUSHED" the $5/10 6 max yesterday for 30BB/100 over 93 hands. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

EStreet20
08-31-2005, 12:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
PT costs as much as my entire stack

[/ QUOTE ]

Then you need to go to square one. Start reading about building a bankroll and play nanolimits at Stars or some other site. You're severely underbankrolled, even for .25-.50. Learn about building/managing a BR, get PT and read all you can about the game. If you only have 50 bucks invested then you're clearly a beginner. Use the search function on this site and look up books to start with for beginners as well as homer's post on building a bankroll for newbies.

Good luck,
Matt

P.S. We all (or most of us) started at the bottom and worked our way up. Read/digest advice you get here and don't be defensive or a smartass about the tips you get and you'll improve your game/make money as you do it.

08-31-2005, 12:56 PM
i keep getting crushed so i couldn't help you

Reef
08-31-2005, 12:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
LOL, I "CRUSHED" the $5/10 6 max yesterday for 30BB/100 over 93 hands. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I've crushed limits for 300BB+/100 over 1 hand before..

n00b /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

08-31-2005, 01:20 PM
Maybe I should add I play at the nano limits to build my stack /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

I'll start using homers tips once I'm actually at $50.
At the moment I'm at $40 /images/graemlins/blush.gif after 3 days of poor play.

EStreet20
08-31-2005, 03:29 PM
OK gotcca Moster. I was afraid you were one of those people playing 2/4 with 50 bucks who would be making an "online poker is rigged" post soon. Good luck building a roll.