PDA

View Full Version : Any thoughts/advice on PokerRoom?

Gomez22
08-31-2005, 09:58 AM
Since I've started playing SNGs, my bonus whoring has suffered *sigh* as stars is about the only site that I play that credits the vig from SNGs to bonuses.

Although I have a RB deal at Eurobet, sometimes I just get sick of playing there, and am basically just looking for someplace else to play as a 3rd site, and I thought of PokerRoom.

Anyone here ever clear bonuses there?
Have any experience with the SNGs?
Comments on player ability/structure compared to party/stars?

Any and all advice on PR and SNGs there would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

'Mez

09-14-2005, 06:45 AM
fasdf

tigerite
09-14-2005, 07:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
fasdf

[/ QUOTE ]

Stop being a muppet. Hopefully citanul will ban you soon.

barry111
09-14-2005, 11:47 AM
I recently sign up for PokerRoom because of a promotion from PokerFives.com. DO NOT DO IT.
Reasons.:

I signed up through a link that would give me a 40% first time deposit bonus. After reading all of the fine print it looked like I would have 60 days to clear the bonus WRONG. After my deposit I found it only gave me 30 days to clear it.
Then I sent an email to PokerRoom support and to this day I have not heard back from them. This is the second email that I have had no response from. The first was sent before I joined and they did not respond, but I join anyway (my fault, red flag).

The support does not exist; their software is the slowest I have seen. Any deposit over $100 is practically impossible for a low limit\part time player to clear in 30 days. PM for more information because I am fed up with this site and I am trying to decided if I should just pull my money out of there, or work my but off to clear the bonus and then pull my money out.

barry111
09-14-2005, 12:43 PM
I haev PM'ed PokerRoom.com to comment on this.

PokerRoom.com
09-14-2005, 12:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I recently sign up for PokerRoom because of a promotion from PokerFives.com. DO NOT DO IT.
Reasons.:

I signed up through a link that would give me a 40% first time deposit bonus. After reading all of the fine print it looked like I would have 60 days to clear the bonus WRONG. After my deposit I found it only gave me 30 days to clear it.
Then I sent an email to PokerRoom support and to this day I have not heard back from them. This is the second email that I have had no response from. The first was sent before I joined and they did not respond, but I join anyway (my fault, red flag).

The support does not exist; their software is the slowest I have seen. Any deposit over $100 is practically impossible for a low limit\part time player to clear in 30 days. PM for more information because I am fed up with this site and I am trying to decided if I should just pull my money out of there, or work my but off to clear the bonus and then pull my money out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi,

Sorry to hear that you feel mislead by the information regarding our bonus clearance requirements.
If the fine print says sixty days, then you should have sixty days. Naturally.

It's impossible for me to get too involved in singular cases (then I would do nothing else) but I will definitely look into this if support doesn't beat me to it.

Expect a reply from me some time tomorrow.

If naught else, hopefully this has proven that we do in fact support our playing community although, sadly, not always at the level we continuously strive to do so.

Why you perceive our games to be "slow" I am curious to know. It can mean so many things and it would be nice if you would care to clarify.

Sincerely,

PokerRoom.com
Meet Them and Beat Them

Phill S
09-14-2005, 01:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Since I've started playing SNGs, my bonus whoring has suffered *sigh* as stars is about the only site that I play that credits the vig from SNGs to bonuses.

Although I have a RB deal at Eurobet, sometimes I just get sick of playing there, and am basically just looking for someplace else to play as a 3rd site, and I thought of PokerRoom.

Anyone here ever clear bonuses there?
Have any experience with the SNGs?
Comments on player ability/structure compared to party/stars?

Any and all advice on PR and SNGs there would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

'Mez

[/ QUOTE ]

Software isnt amazing, but neither is party's. Support isnt amazing, but definately better than party. Games a deep stack and slow blinded, similar to the non turbo stars games, just a little quicker to completion.

Bonus is very doable - just look up the requirements and get out a calculator.

Rakeback is available from pokerroom and betonbet, a skin, and there are sites which also do bonuses.

Try the site, if you dont like it, leave it.

Phill
ps, they recently changed their rake for ring games and the effect is they rake more, this means that a lot of the sharks are leaving and the SnG games might be slightly easier as a result. This is a good time to try them anyway.

barry111
09-14-2005, 03:43 PM
My primary complaint is that I have emailed PokerRoom my concerns and I have not heard back from them even though it says to expect a response in 24 hours (twice).

lorinda
09-14-2005, 04:40 PM
Pokerroom made it impossible for me to clear my ACR bonus when the sites merged. I asked to speak to someone higher up than the (actually reasonable) support donkey and I was told nobody was there.

They basically took away a bonus that I was willing to work off by imposing conditions that were not there when I originally took the deal.

Imposing a number of raked hands was neccessary to translate the old system to the new, but basically I had to play 20000 hands (and possibly more, I forget the gory details) in a few days and they knew I couldn't do it.

I would never recommend this site to anyone after this, I emailed both ACR and PR.com and ACR replied that it wasn't theft, and PR didn't reply at all.

Edit: I also notified the KGC, who sadly tend not to reply to me after I exposed certain other problems a few years back /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Edit2: It was 350 or 400 bux (I have it noted somewhere), not a trivial amount.

Lori

networkman
09-14-2005, 06:11 PM
I used to play pokerroom exclusively before I discovered 2+2 over a year ago. They had a lot of problems in a short space of time with crashing games and a couple of weird bugs, such as folding your hand when you try to go all in /images/graemlins/shocked.gif This stuff was sorted within a couple weeks.

Not getting any reply from emails to support was very common back then. I've emailed a few times with no reply.

I haven’t played there in a year so have no idea what it’s like now. I would actually like to try them again. I was a small winner when I wasn’t a very good player so would like to try it again. I wanted to change my username but they wouldn’t let me last year, that’s the main reason I don't play there now, I'm stubborn.

PokerRoom.com
09-15-2005, 03:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Pokerroom made it impossible for me to clear my ACR bonus when the sites merged. I asked to speak to someone higher up than the (actually reasonable) support donkey and I was told nobody was there.

Lori

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Lori,

For the record, ACR and PokerRoom.com has not in any way merged.
We use the same game plattform. That's all. Their bonus offers are totally separated from anything we do and may contain different requirements to what we use.

Hopefully this clears a few issues up.

Sincerely,

PokerRoom.com
Meet Them and Beat Them

lorinda
09-15-2005, 04:11 AM
Thanks,

I stand corrected and am sorry I put you in the same bucket as them.

If you can find any way of moving them to somewhere else it would do you a great service.

Lori