PDA

View Full Version : 30/60 live hand

piggity
08-31-2005, 09:17 AM
MP1 is a decent TAG, with somewhat weak tendencies. MP2 is too loose preflop, plays reasonably well postflop, though he has been seen betting out with mediocre holdings out of position. LP is fishy.

MP1 limps, MP2 limps, LP limps, I check with T6o in the BB.

Flop QT7r.

I check, MP1 checks, MP2 bets.

At this point, a friend of MP2 who is also at the table (but not in this hand) says "Man, that's just an auto-bet. Don't believe him!"

LP folds, I call (?), MP1 thinks, stares at the board for a bit, then calls.

Turn offsuit 4.

Check, check, bet. At this point I look to his friend and ask "Was that an auto-bet too?" and he smiles and shrugs. Then MP2 pipes up and says "I'm not bluffing -- I wouldn't bluff into two people!"

I ... ?

08-31-2005, 09:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
MP1 is a decent TAG, with somewhat weak tendencies. MP2 is too loose preflop, plays reasonably well postflop, though he has been seen betting out with mediocre holdings out of position. LP is fishy.

MP1 limps, MP2 limps, LP limps, I check with T6o in the BB.

Flop QT7r.

I check, MP1 checks, MP2 bets.

At this point, a friend of MP2 who is also at the table (but not in this hand) says "Man, that's just an auto-bet. Don't believe him!"

LP folds, I call (?), MP1 thinks, stares at the board for a bit, then calls.

Turn offsuit 4.

Check, check, bet. At this point I look to his friend and ask "Was that an auto-bet too?" and he smiles and shrugs. Then MP2 pipes up and says "I'm not bluffing -- I wouldn't bluff into two people!"

I ... ?

[/ QUOTE ]
Lol, nice story. Check and fold the flop though. This pot is not big enough to be worth fighting for, and if you somehow do have the best hand you can still get turned or rivered easily. If you feel compelled to fight for this pot though you should have checkraised the flop to force out the middle guy and hope the villain is on a draw, and then lead the turn. Checking and calling in this situation is the worst strategy in my opinion.