PDA

View Full Version : They sing, I'll be calling you...

01-05-2002, 10:57 AM
Communication Officers lead their Inanimate Chips into battle with loud speakers blaring. They seem to always have a reason to call and very few reasons to fold. Know as Calling Stations, there always seems to be one on every battle field across the country. In the Hold'em Wars breaking the code of a Communications Officer is not rocket science. Should he bet he has a good hand, if he raises you better have the nuts or fold, when he's just calling most times it's okay to push your troops to the river. However, before jumping head first into the river for a swim, make sure you don't crack your head on a rock. Sometimes they do have the impossible.

In the Hold'em Wars code breaking is one of the skills a good warrior needs to survive the enormous numerical possibilities. Accomplishing this feat requires some skill and may take time to learn. Recognizing the obvious is a good place to start. Here's one example, the river is the fourth flush card, you are in early position with pocket aces of the wrong suit. Four sawed of little squirts have been dogging your every bet to the river. You get ready to splash the last bet and you just happen to look to your left and see two squirts with enough chips in their hand to call and one with a raise ready to splash. What do you do, when suicide is not an option?

They call it deductive reasoning, classes on the subject are being given daily on medium stakes to high-stakes. It's not as much fun as other topics but losing your Inanimate Chips in the heat of battle isn't much fun either.

SPM,...go have shot of Bookers and take a look at the forum...

01-06-2002, 01:54 AM
It would make good sense to pay attention to your own posting lessons. He was Calling Station, who on occasion would muck a hand. So what if you hit tens full of aces when the third ten hit. When he raised did you think he also had an ace? No he had the 10 4 single suited. Go suck on an egg self. You have been demoted to private.

Sincerely,

...Military Head Quarters for dummies...

01-06-2002, 03:02 AM
Please don't be angry with the calling stations, SPM. They are the fountain of chips that keep the rest of us afloat. When they spike that flush or fourth ten on the river, don't chide them. Congratulate them on their luck and perspicacious playing abilities.

01-06-2002, 03:09 AM
is "dear self" the internet equivalent of muttering to yourself?gl....jmho..

01-06-2002, 03:38 AM
That what? You come to give me advice and then you end with that...

Why leave me hanging? I've lost rank, pay, and my ego is some where in New Jersy! By the way, I am currently in the recruiting business. Please send green backs to, ray z, in care of 2+2. z will forward them to my non profit organization, Hold'em for Dummies.

SPM,...thanking you in advance for the dough...

01-06-2002, 03:48 AM
Don't talk to me! I'm on KP duty at the local restaurant, trying to recruit another army. By the way, you could help me in this effort. Send cash to ray z at 2+2. He'll know what to do...

SPM,...private thoughts of a private...

01-06-2002, 05:48 AM
i think you're about ready to run for mayor of any two card town..gk