PDA

View Full Version : A River Fold

spydog
08-31-2005, 07:02 AM
OK. I haven't played poker in 3 months so I'll probably post some hands.

Villian is fairly loose and not very aggressive in about 30 hands. I'd say he's about a 40/7/1 type player if I had to guess. I haven't seen him get out of line. Really, he's just kind of there, ya know the type?

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls.

Flop: (4 SB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls.

Turn: (3 BB) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls.

River: (5 BB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 8 BB

MrBig30
08-31-2005, 07:14 AM
I call this getting 8-1, but I think it is somewhat close.

cartman
08-31-2005, 07:44 AM
I think you are practically never good here against a civilized opponent. I think you should probably fold in this spot if the river brought either a paired flop card or a diamond. Since it brought both I think it is clearly a fold.

What would you do in the same scenario except the river was a non-pairing diamond?

What would you do in the same scenario except the river was a non-diamond but paired a flop card?

Cartman

MrBig30
08-31-2005, 08:01 AM
You are probably right. But he has only been around for 30 hands, who is to say he is always civilized? It is, as you say, a perfect card for a bluff...
Also, even if 8-1 is not quite enough one should consider the added benefit of not inviting others to take shots at you later.

08-31-2005, 09:14 AM
I call for table image and I've seen some manic check-raises on river

marching_on_together
08-31-2005, 10:03 AM
with only 30 hands i'd call this it's probably -ev but i don't want to encourage these types of raises heads up against largly unknowns. I think the benefit of slowing down these types of raises probably compensates for the -ev call. It's also a good card for villian to bluff at if he carries a weaker Ace and feels he may well split even if you call.

08-31-2005, 10:15 AM
I would call. There is a ok chance he is bluffing and it he is not I get some info of how he plays. Did he call all the way with just a six or what...