PDA

View Full Version : live 1/1/2 lucky chances, two preflop action

wutevahung
08-31-2005, 06:21 AM
in lucky chances, even though blinds r 1/1/2, it is 4 to call preflop

Hand 1

UTG+2 ($69) raised to 16 (he just sat down for like 5 hands, but raised two of them did not get a show down, folded one and took one down)

UTG+3 (700?) reraised it to 32 (very very very lag player, but is on a very hot streak, he called a 20dollars preflop raise and call an 60dollars flop all in with bottom pair 7 with king kicker)

i thought he would reraise the raiser if he has either - pockets between 7s to aces or ace high

everyone folded to me (140)
i was on BB with aq off suit, i reraised all in, any thoughts?

Hand 2

I was on utg+1 with kj off suit, was goin to fold but this game was very loose, so decided to limp in to see what happens.

the guy 2 seats after (200),( he is also the UTG+1 in hand one) made it 15

the guy 2 seats after him (300) calls (a new player, no particular reads but looked like a beginner, and would defitniely reraise the guy with AK or big pockets)

everyone folded back to me (87)
i raised 30 more and decided to push the flop no matter what
any thoughts?

helps would be appreciated thank you

trumpman84
08-31-2005, 01:39 PM
The first hand is "ok" if you just like to gamble. Most likely you are dominated by a big pair or AK or a little behind a pp. Is Villain going to call your push with Ax lower than a AQ? I really don't see anything wrong with just folding this hand....I don't try to get my money in preflop with a hand like AQ.

2nd hand is just bad imo. If the game is loose passive, try limping in with a hand like QJs or KJs if its unlikely to be raised. KJo is a little better than garbage UTG and won't play well in a multi-way pot. But the worst part of this hand is the ridiculous bluff you try to pull with what is probably 3rd best right now. You admitted this was a loose game. You don't pull ridiculous bluffs in loose games...someone is going to look you up.

Grats if eitehr of these plays worked out for you though..I just don't see the logic behind them.

MINETZ
08-31-2005, 01:45 PM
hand one fold
hand two fold