PDA

View Full Version : Pokerbob likes ?

Trix
08-31-2005, 06:05 AM
Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, SB calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, SB calls.

River: (7.50 BB) A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks...

baronzeus
08-31-2005, 06:06 AM
absolutely sexy. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

ghostface
08-31-2005, 06:21 AM
You are either golden or screwed. I hope you had a read.

stigmata
08-31-2005, 06:46 AM
I prefer to check-raise the flop

The Truth
08-31-2005, 07:00 AM
too sexy, I think bet 3-bet might make you more money.

too. sexy. ever.

<font color="white"> doesn't really make sense, but oh well, jokes. </font>

truth

spydog
08-31-2005, 07:09 AM
No way do I check-raise here. Maybe if I had 2 players behind me to act then I could checkraise. However, your play looks like Tx to villian if he's holding AK/AQ/AJ/Ax, so he will be inclined to raise you with these hands the majority of time, which means you can 3-bet him a lot. If he's playing something a crappy middle pair then he might check behind but will probably call a bet. If he picked up a gutshot on the turn then maybe he bluffs but it's doubtful against 2 players.

Even if you check and he bets you may not get SB and UTG to call your checkraise.

Overall, I say it's a pretty easy bet. You might even get checkraised from SB, which would be very nice.

aK13
08-31-2005, 07:27 AM
awesome.

Trix
08-31-2005, 08:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
However, your play looks like Tx to villian if he's holding AK/AQ/AJ/Ax, so he will be inclined to raise you with these hands the majority of time

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would he be inclined to raise when his hand looks like AK/AQ/AJ ? Would I bet and call a raise if I couldnīt beat it ?

kiddo
08-31-2005, 08:38 AM
Wtihout read u should just keep on betting.

But if he is a bit weak, with a pretty low PFR% and prepared to call down with overcards if u bet into him on flop and turn, and if SB is loose and prepared to call another BB with a low pair, I can see why you check because:

1) He will most often do this calling on flop and turn with Ax
2) He will not raise river with his A if u bet
3) He will bet river if you check and if he got A
4) U will keep SB in
5) He is not prepared to fold if u raise and
6) SB will probably think pot is to big and call again

So, if he is a bit tightweak (typical 23/11/1.5 indicating he only bets when he got it) and SB is loose a check is fine.

Wynton
08-31-2005, 09:00 AM
I really think this play requires a read on both your opponents.

You say that the villain might not raise with just AK, because he'll know you won't call with a hand that he has beat. But that happens constantly (at least at 5/10, it does). And I think it's also possible that sb is planning a c/r. Against complete unknowns, I wouldn't feel comfortable with this line.

But I am actually more curious about the flop play. I go back and forth whether it makes more sense to bet out or attempt a c/r. Can you explain why you decided to bet out?

ISF
08-31-2005, 09:53 AM
I wouldnt do this without a read, if he is calling with some kq type of hand you likely loose a bet. If he has an ace he will often raise allowing you to threebet, so i am not sure you even gain in expectation when he does have an ace by check raising.

spydog
08-31-2005, 10:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
However, your play looks like Tx to villian if he's holding AK/AQ/AJ/Ax, so he will be inclined to raise you with these hands the majority of time

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would he be inclined to raise when his hand looks like AK/AQ/AJ ? Would I bet and call a raise if I couldnīt beat it ?

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean people will call the entire way with overcards and not raise top pair when their river card hits? Geez...I'm not sure this happens very much at lower levels, but 10/20 might be different. But I also heard that 10/20 will get some crazy river-bluff raises, but they can't bluff-raise the river if you don't bet. /images/graemlins/blush.gif

Oh, and the SB sure looks like he might have A4 or A2 based on his play. Do you really want to check this river and see UTG check behind when you could have gotten mega-river bets? At worst, a river bet gets you 1 BB, but probably 2 BBs. However, if the SB or UTG raises you can make 3-6 BBs on this river. If you check then you stand a decent chance of getting 0 bets on the river and a maximum of 4 BBs.

Grisgra
08-31-2005, 11:18 AM
I just threw up in my mouth.

PokerBob
08-31-2005, 11:28 AM
sir,
if you feel your sexy and live your sexy, of course i like your sexy. do not allow others to begrudge you your sexy. rejoice in it.

Trix
08-31-2005, 09:26 PM
He bet, SB folded, I CRed and he called with AJ or AQ.

Trix
08-31-2005, 09:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You mean people will call the entire way with overcards and not raise top pair when their river card hits?

[/ QUOTE ]

If he thinks Iīm bluffing, why should he raise then ?, when he could go for an overcall instead ?
If I have a legit hand, then it probably beats one pair of Aces as his hand is transparant.

[ QUOTE ]
But I also heard that 10/20 will get some crazy river-bluff raises, but they can't bluff-raise the river if you don't bet

[/ QUOTE ]

You think they are the same guys who call the flop and turn when bet into ?

[ QUOTE ]
Oh, and the SB sure looks like he might have A4 or A2 based on his play. Do you really want to check this river and see UTG check behind when you could have gotten mega-river bets? At worst, a river bet gets you 1 BB, but probably 2 BBs

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure why you think he has that. He must feel pretty sexy checking that if itīs what he has. It doesnīt matter that much if the pfr bets, SB will still CR if he has 2P.

I think SB will have something alot weaker often and probably will call one bet if itīs from the pfr, when I show weakness and check, hoping to catch a bluff from KQ or whatever, but wont overcall it if I bet and pfr calls.

[ QUOTE ]
If you check then you stand a decent chance of getting 0 bets on the river and a maximum of 4 BBs

[/ QUOTE ]

If I check, pfr bets and SB has 2P, then I gain more than that, it wont make a big difference.

I dont think the chance of a check-through is very high here. I think he will have A-high and bet it very very often.