PDA

View Full Version : What is your action?

The Truth
08-31-2005, 05:49 AM
Party 20/40
10 handed

hero is utg +1 with red kings

hero raises, mp1 calls, everyone else folds.

mp1 is lag.

flop comes jc 9c 9d

hero bets, mp1 raises, hero reraises, mp1 caps.

turn 5k

hero?

RobbyD
08-31-2005, 08:09 AM
what card in the deck is "5k"

Noodles
08-31-2005, 08:14 AM
just chaeck turn then call down,he is lag so you cant fold

xniNja
08-31-2005, 08:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
just check turn then call down

[/ QUOTE ]

I would check/call down in that spot almost always vs. almost anyone, LAG or not. I would raise the turn if I really thought the guy was full of it, and if he 3 bets I'm still going to call him down.

08-31-2005, 08:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Party 20/40
10 handed

hero is utg +1 with red kings

hero raises, mp1 calls, everyone else folds.

mp1 is lag.

flop comes jc 9c 9d

hero bets, mp1 raises, hero reraises, mp1 caps.

turn 5k

hero?

[/ QUOTE ]
Theres nothing wrong here with going in check call mode the rest of the hand. If youre still in the lead, your laggy opponent will still bet your hand for you on the turn and the river. If youre trailing you will minimize your loss.

The Truth
08-31-2005, 08:27 AM
sorry, 5k = 5c

xniNja
08-31-2005, 08:29 AM
check/call down, no raise on the turn unless he would be capable of folding if he had a 9. (which almost nobody is, in my experience)

The Truth
08-31-2005, 08:32 AM
no no, i am considering check folding, of course check/calling is my other line.

what do i beat?

xniNja
08-31-2005, 08:45 AM
You beat a bluff, qq, AJ, KJ, QJ, Ace high one-card flush draw, and just about anything besides jacks, a 9, aces, or flush. He didn't re-raise preflop so it's unlikely he's on aces or jacks, being he's aggressive.

08-31-2005, 08:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
no no, i am considering check folding, of course check/calling is my other line.

what do i beat?

[/ QUOTE ]
There are tons of hands you beat here, If the villain is a lag he can have all sorts of hands. He could have a flush draw, he could have Jx, he could have an open ended straight draw like QT or T8, lags will call a raise with both those hands preflop especially if they are suited. The villain could also just be on a total bluff(this happens 5-10% of the time with these type of opponents) Your hand is too strong to consider folding heads up in this situation.

08-31-2005, 08:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

what do i beat?

[/ QUOTE ]
There are tons of hands you beat here, If the villain is a lag he can have all sorts of hands. He could have a flush draw, he could have Jx, he could have an open ended straight draw like QT or T8, lags will call a raise with both those hands preflop especially if they are suited. The villain could also just be on a total bluff(this happens 5-10% of the time with these type of opponents) Your hand is too strong to consider folding heads up in this situation.

[/ QUOTE ]
I just read that the turn card brought the flush in, You still have to call this down, there are still too many hands you beat.

The Truth
09-01-2005, 05:08 AM
could somebody take his hand range, then put in order of most likely hands. Ev against calling down against each one, including reverse implied odds.