PDA

View Full Version : KK -- my plan changes each street

private joker
08-31-2005, 05:42 AM
My only solid read was on MP, whom I've played 5/10 full with before and he is aggro at all the wrong times, playing way too loose and generally just bad at poker. He's why I'm on the table. No reads on BB or UTG.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, MP calls.

Flop: (16.40 SB) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, MP calls, Hero calls, BB calls.

Turn: (12.20 BB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, MP calls, Hero calls.

River: (16.20 BB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, UTG folds, MP folds.

Final Pot: 21.20 BB

imported_leader
08-31-2005, 05:47 AM
Why no flop 3-bet? Deception? The pot seems pretty inflated already. I think the turn is really a must raise given your flop play. You have all those players trapped in the hand. I'd make them call another bet if they want to hit their A or whatever on the river.

MrBig30
08-31-2005, 06:18 AM
I agree. Not raising flop might be ok since you cant really protect your hand anyway. You really have to raise turn though, you are ahead here most of the time and get to raise the entire field.

wackjob
08-31-2005, 03:26 PM
This is a hand where you should be going nutso every street IMO. Raise the flop hope it gets capped somehow. Bet or raise the turn as well.

private joker
08-31-2005, 03:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This is a hand where you should be going nutso every street IMO. Raise the flop hope it gets capped somehow. Bet or raise the turn as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you're not really worried about things like putting people on hands, protecting your hand, etc.?

sthief09
08-31-2005, 03:33 PM
where's Baby Jesus? crying somewhere because you left so much moeny on the table

sthief09
08-31-2005, 03:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So you're not really worried about things like putting people on hands, protecting your hand, etc.?

[/ QUOTE ]

he's right

you can't protect your hand so you need to just pump the pot when you're getting way the best of it. putting people on hands? you're that worried about AA or JJ taht you can't raise a bet and 2 callers? weeeeeeak man

baronzeus
08-31-2005, 03:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
where's Baby Jesus? crying somewhere

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

wackjob
08-31-2005, 03:40 PM
Looking at how it played PF and then the first bet &amp; raise on the flop, no one is folding &amp; you are likely to get a cap on the flop while holding the best hand and the chance to raise on the turn.

Smarty
08-31-2005, 04:39 PM
I really like the flop call if you plan on raising the turn, which would have been perfect in this situation....but then you didn't do it. If you're not going to raise an innocent turn, at least 3-bet the flop. Doing all this prevents this awkward (IMO) river raise.

private joker
08-31-2005, 04:49 PM
I definitely planned on raising the turn when I just called the flop, but the J hitting did reduce the hands I was beating (which at the time I figured were QQ,JJ,TT), and I'm still behind any 5 that got scared out of not raising. Look at BB's line on the flop and turn. He bets out, gets raised, lets everyone call, just calls, and then bets out again into the whole field. It sure looks like he's maximizing the bets that go in without trying to get anyone to fold. That worried me.

The river raise is key here, I think. When BB checks, I suddenly changed my opinion of his hand -- then the guy I had a read on bets the river, which gives me perfect opportunity to raise and possibly (even it's a slim chance) fold a better hand -- though mainly I'm raising for value now (I probably have to fold to a 3-bet).

me454555
08-31-2005, 05:01 PM
Ok so your calling the flop to raise the turn, (not a bad plan IMO). Then he bets into you and you call!?!?!? the turn. I'm not understanding why? Then you raise the river when it prolly better to get overcalls. I'm not understanding what you were thinking here

private joker
08-31-2005, 05:04 PM
I'm not saying my line was correct -- I posted this hand because I had doubts -- but I think I already answered all your questions about what I was thinking in the post prior to yours.

luckyharr
08-31-2005, 05:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I definitely planned on raising the turn when I just called the flop, but the J hitting did reduce the hands I was beating (which at the time I figured were QQ,JJ,TT), and I'm still behind any 5 that got scared out of not raising. Look at BB's line on the flop and turn. He bets out, gets raised, lets everyone call, just calls, and then bets out again into the whole field. It sure looks like he's maximizing the bets that go in without trying to get anyone to fold. That worried me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Even though you are putting him on a narrow range, you are still ahead (12 combos of TT/QQ) more often than behind (9 combos of JJ/AA). I think it's a raise heads up, but with the other two players donating it's a must raise. Any 5 would have raised the turn right? If they were slow playing, that is the time to raise but they called.

BabyJesus
08-31-2005, 05:19 PM
/images/graemlins/frown.gif cuz you left so much money on the table

private joker
08-31-2005, 05:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Even though you are putting him on a narrow range, you are still ahead (12 combos of TT/QQ) more often than behind (9 combos of JJ/AA). I think it's a raise heads up, but with the other two players donating it's a must raise. Any 5 would have raised the turn right? If they were slow playing, that is the time to raise but they called.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the most constructive post of the thread. My problem I think is not just adjusting to 6-max games, especially the 5/10, but continually switching back and forth between 6m and full ring -- it's probably not a good idea to play both in consecutive sessions in the same day, but that's what I've been doing. A little bit of this, a little bit of that.

luckyharr
08-31-2005, 05:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the most constructive post of the thread. My problem I think is not just adjusting to 6-max games, especially the 5/10, but continually switching back and forth between 6m and full ring -- it's probably not a good idea to play both in consecutive sessions in the same day, but that's what I've been doing. A little bit of this, a little bit of that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Switching between the formats is nice for a change of pace. I think you have a ton more hands at full table anyways, right? However this turn raise is not a full table vs. 6-max decision? If you're saying changing formats makes you doubt routine moves, then yes you should just focus on one at a time. LAG up some 2/4 full tables late night if you need a full table fix.