PDA

View Full Version : Three live 4/8 hands for dissection

regular
08-31-2005, 05:16 AM
The table is fairly loose and there is a mix of loose and aggressiveness after watching for a couple rounds. All hands are 9 or 10 handed.

Hand 1

I am 2 off the button. 3 callers and I raise with JcJd. Blinds call and so do the limpers.
flop K /images/graemlins/spade.gif 6 /images/graemlins/club.gif 4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

SB bets, BB folds, UTG+ 1 calls and everyone folds to me. I fold.

Turn is 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif and SB bets and UTG+1 folds. Should I have raised the flop with my underpair? With so many limpers I was thinking at least one would have a king and I had seen several pots before where people called with TP weak kicker to the river.

Hand 2

I am in middle+3 with Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

PF: UTG+1 calls, Middle+2 next to me raises, I 3bet, blinds call, Middle raiser calls.

FLOP: 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif Q /images/graemlins/club.gif J /images/graemlins/heart.gif

Checked to me, I bet, everyone folds to Mid+2 who calls.

Turn: 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif Q /images/graemlins/club.gif J /images/graemlins/heart.gif 6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

check, check

River 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif Q /images/graemlins/club.gif J /images/graemlins/heart.gif 6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 10 /images/graemlins/heart.gif
Mid+2 bets, I call with my Q high flush.

Should I have bet out on the turn with my set? I chose not because he seemed likely not to fold any draw for only one bet.

Hand 3

I am dealth A /images/graemlins/club.gif J /images/graemlins/spade.gif in Mid+3. 4 limp to me and I raise. Button calls, SB raises, BB reraises. Everyone calls.

FLOP: A /images/graemlins/spade.gif 10 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 6 /images/graemlins/club.gif
SB checks, BB bets, everyone but one calls, I raises, Button folds, SB calls, BB reraises, everyone folds to me, I call and SB calls.

TURN: A /images/graemlins/spade.gif 10 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 6 /images/graemlins/club.gif 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif
SB checks, BB bets, I call, SB calls.

RIVER: A /images/graemlins/spade.gif 10 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 6 /images/graemlins/club.gif 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
SB checks, BB bets, I call, SB folds.

Should I have reraised my two pair? I was going for an overcall, but that didn't work. The BB PF reraise had me thinking A 10 or 1010 so I didn't raise out of fear of a set. Too weak tight?

shant
08-31-2005, 05:24 AM
Hand 1: Fold is fine.

Hand 2: Bet the turn.

Hand 3: Raise the river.

Overall, yes, too weak-tight.

08-31-2005, 05:45 AM
Nr 1.
I guess its fairly close. Since there are no obvious dravs for them to be betting one of them probably has a king. However, with a pot that size I would still test it with a raise before I let it go, but that might be a leak.

Nr2
I am sure you should bet the turn for value. There are a ton of hands you are ahead of, and if you are against a made flush U have a flush and a boat redraw.

Nr 3
on the turn, I think a call is ok, since U are probably beat, cant bet sb out of a possible flush draw and cant fold the huge pot. (That might be me being to passive though)

On the river, given the pf and flop betting, I think the only likely hand that beats you are the one possible AA combination, the 3 possible TT combinations and KQ of spades.

U are ahead of 8 AK combinations, and possibly AQ,AT, and whatever junk he might play.

Going for overcalls is viable, but I would probably raise it, hoping for more expensive crying calls from both players.

ErrantNight
08-31-2005, 08:12 AM
hand 1 fold isn't terrible, but i might peel.

hand 2, that turn check is ungodly horrific. really. can't state enough how unjust it is to your bottom line to be checking this turn. what i'm trying to say is: bet it already. bet it before you bet it, just in case.

in fact, the only thing worse than your notbet is your "reasoning." A flush draw might raise you here, but it will never in a million years fold for one bet. likewise, any OESD. and besides, even if he DOES fold, this pot is plenty big by this point. further, despite your great holding and innumerous draws, there is quite possibly the potential your opponent has outs against you. to let him get infinite odds to draw here is criminally poor poker.

has my hyperbole made it all clear?

hand 3, it's been FOUR BET behind you, and you raise the field with AJo?!? and then you DON'T reraise when you hit your miracle J!??! horrific.

absolutely no reason to raise the flop, you're almost certainly behind, but in case you're not, you don't want to scare away, say, KK. and you DEFINITELY don't want to go to war with AK or AQ here.

krubban
08-31-2005, 09:34 AM
Hand 1: I fold here too.
Hand 2: As previous posters have stated you have to bet the turn.
Hand 3: Don't raise the flop but you have to raise the river. You just outdrew AK which is his most likely holding given how the hand played out.

regular
08-31-2005, 03:03 PM
Thank you for your opinions. For hand 2, I would have to call the river if bet to with the four-flush right? BTW he turned over A /images/graemlins/heart.gif K /images/graemlins/club.gif for the nut flush, and straight.

And yes villan did have AK in hand 3, so great read on your part.

08-31-2005, 03:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I chose not because he seemed likely not to fold any draw for only one bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the reason why you bet.