PDA

View Full Version : Royal Flush (NC)

08-31-2005, 04:44 AM
Forgive this shameless post. I was just excited to see this hand which is supposed to be about 1 in 649,740 to hit. This was at the 11s. I was 8-tabling at the time, using MTH. I usually don't even focus on the table after I push figuring I made my play and I don't want to become more results-oriented than I probably already am. In spite of myself, when I saw the hand summary in the empire chat window I did a double-take, looked at the wall next to me for a moment to clear my vision, looked at my screen again and just kinda went, "Wha?...".

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t30 (7 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

CO (t1735)
Button (t2215)
SB (t585)
BB (t830)
UTG (t960)
MP1 (t900)
Hero (t775)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls t30, CO calls t30, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, BB checks.

I limped preflop just hoping to see a cheap flop and extract maximum value if it hit my hand well.

Flop: (t120) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t120</font>, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to t555 (All-In)</font>, BB folds, Hero calls t435.

I figure my kicker is good here with the action before the flop. I tossed in a pot sized bet to chase away any draws since it was still four-handed. When the SB pushed AI over the top of me, considering the limit, I put him on a flush draw, a weaker ace, or perhaps even worse. I called quickly figuring I was way ahead.

Turn: (t1230) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

River: (t1230) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: t1230

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Hero has Ad Qd (straight flush, ace high).
SB has 4s Qs (straight, ace high).
Outcome: Hero wins t1230. </font>