PDA

View Full Version : Boring hand, but give me feedback

teddyFBI
08-31-2005, 03:17 AM
Not the most stimulating hand, but I feel like I could have taken this pot down at some point.
PFR'er reasonably solid 19/11, PF coldcaller no read but seems very loose.

Party Poker 20.00/40.00 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(10 handed)</font> link (http://www.darksun.lunarpages.com/poker/)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (6.25 BB) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, MP3 checks.

River: (6.25 BB) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>

Final Pot: 6.25 BB.

rudedog78
08-31-2005, 03:38 AM
Im having a hard time putting them on a hand, but my guess is that UTG has some kind of pair between 99/QQ and MP3 is probably on a draw as well.

I like to bet out flop and make MP3 pay double if he is on a draw, because he will give pay you off if a diamond hits. And if utg does raise you on the flop, you can go ahead and 3 bet him. The turn card is sweet for you because if he has black queens or jacks, he's going to have a hard time calling you down and if he does call you, draw one of your outs and win the pot.

08-31-2005, 10:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Not the most stimulating hand, but I feel like I could have taken this pot down at some point.
PFR'er reasonably solid 19/11, PF coldcaller no read but seems very loose.

Party Poker 20.00/40.00 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(10 handed)</font> link (http://www.darksun.lunarpages.com/poker/)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (6.25 BB) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>

River: (6.25 BB) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>

Final Pot: 6.25 BB.

[/ QUOTE ]
When you flop a good draw in a short handed pot your goal should be to play your hand in a manner that gives you the greatest chance to win this pot without having to actually hit your hand. If the preflop raiser were on your right, you should checkraise to isolate him and hope you can win the pot on the turn. With the raiser on your left in this problem, you should lead into the raiser on the flop to force him to make a tough decision right away. With the way you played your hand you never once took control. Any time you are in a 3 handed pot and your hand is worth a call on the flop, either becuz you have a decent draw, or becuz you may have the best hand, you should take control.

TStoneMBD
08-31-2005, 10:45 AM
looks good teddy. they both have pocket pairs and i think this is validated by no action being presented by the K. the only way that one of them doesnt have a pocket pair is if UTG raised it in with AJo with the Jd and MP3 coldcalled with Qdx and worked for a free card. i really find these 2 situations to be unlikely, and if they are you have the best hand anyway.

i really doubt you can take this pot down if one of them is holding a pair.

08-31-2005, 10:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
looks good teddy. they both have pocket pairs and i think this is validated by no action being presented by the K. the only way that one of them doesnt have a pocket pair is if UTG raised it in with AJo with the Jd and MP3 coldcalled with Qdx and worked for a free card. i really find these 2 situations to be unlikely, and if they are you have the best hand anyway.

i really doubt you can take this pot down if one of them is holding a pair.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think your right, if one of them has a pocket pair, our hero is not gonna win this pot unless he improves. But He should still bet into the raiser on this flop in my opinion and make a play at this pot since at that point we dont know where everyone is at. I think the Heros turn play and river play are fine given he checked the flop.