PDA

View Full Version : checkraised on river uncomfortable spot

JaBlue
08-31-2005, 02:47 AM
6-handed

I have 500 villain has 500. I'm multitabling and he hasn't done anything special, so no read.

He's in the CO and opens for 12. I call on the button with 5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif. Blinds fold.

30$ Flop: Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif8/images/graemlins/heart.gif9 /images/graemlins/club.gif

He bets 20$. I call. I called planning to either take it away on the turn or suckout.

70$ turn: Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif8/images/graemlins/heart.gif9/images/graemlins/club.gif and the 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif
He checks and calls 50$

170$ river: Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif8/images/graemlins/heart.gif9/images/graemlins/club.gif6/images/graemlins/spade.gif and the 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif
Villain checks hero bets 120, villain goes all in for 300$ more the pot is 590 with 300 to call.

I think I should have just folded the flop but I try to win too many pots.

All comments welcome, especially how to play the river

pottie
08-31-2005, 04:57 AM
Very uncomfortable...

I hate it but give him credit for a better hand and fold. Very gutsy if Villain made this play with anything other than A /images/graemlins/heart.gifK /images/graemlins/heart.gif. With so many draws on the flop I'd expect a bigger flop bet if he did not have a piece of the draw himself.

I like the flop call with so many scare cards to come.

JaBlue
08-31-2005, 11:10 AM
bump

djoyce003
08-31-2005, 11:15 AM
I'd think this is a pretty standard check behind on the river. You have a good hand that you'd like to show down, but you'll just barf if the guy checkraises you all in which happened here. Don't bet the river when you can't call a raise but you want to see a showdown.

vulturesrow
08-31-2005, 11:28 AM
What djoyce said. I check behind here just about every time. Also the flop call is a little thin but I do this from time to time too.