PDA

View Full Version : JJ UTG 200 NL

JihadOnTheRiver
08-31-2005, 02:46 AM
So I finally feel like I'm coming into my own in NL, as I just switched from limit recently. After a VERY active month, I feel very comfortable at the $200 level, but mostly play multi $100s to clear some bonuses. So basically what I'm saying is I feel that I'm very capable of beating this game. HOWEVER, sometimes the nerve endings just fire wierd, and I play a hand completely wrong. THAT, my fellow fish, is why I post here. Flame away...

$200 FTP (9 handed), I have red JJ UTG. MP has $53, MP+1 has $350. I have $200. I played this poorly from start to finish I think. I don't know what really possessed me to limp. I know its wrong, but I also know that "no comments preflop" will not be respected, so... "comments on all streets appreciated".

I limp (sorry Poker Gods), 1 limper, MP makes it $8. MP+1 calls, I call, limper calls.

$30ish in the pot
Flop: A /images/graemlins/club.gif J /images/graemlins/spade.gif 4 /images/graemlins/club.gif

All check to MP+1 who bets $20, I raise to $100

Results if this gets to 15 responses...

08-31-2005, 02:49 AM
Here is one response for you. I think the limp worked out quite well in this spot but I don't recommend doing it in general. Hope they gave you some action....

JaBlue
08-31-2005, 02:50 AM
lead the flop damnit

xorbie
08-31-2005, 02:51 AM
I'm assuming you're trying to trap in some calls? Otherwise this is a good flop to lead/3-bet all in.