PDA

View Full Version : Folding The Right Price To Store Chips?

-Skeme-
08-31-2005, 02:03 AM
Say a short stack moves in and you wake up in the BB with some garbage like 62o. If you're getting 2:1 and are reasonably sure that you have 2 live cards, when should you be folding, and what are the driving factors behind this decision?

The main, and obvious factor, is of course your in relation to the blinds. Another would probably be how close you are to being ITM.

Can someone break down when you shouldn't be calling here, or is there ever a spot where you should pass up a chance to draw with odds?

pergesu
08-31-2005, 02:28 AM
It depends entirely on the situation. Throw out a couple situations and we can actually answer it...

To be very brief, I think it's funny as hell to ((almost) correctly) call someone with a 62o and suck out.

-Skeme-
08-31-2005, 03:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Throw out a couple situations and we can actually answer it...

[/ QUOTE ]

Blinds: t100/t200

Button (t3500)
SB (t3700)
BB (t1200)
UTG (t650)
UTG+1 (4450)

Hero is BB with only 6BB. UTG had just lost a big pot, pushed instantly, and it's folded to you in BB. You're getting 2.1:1 on your call, but if you lose, your're even more short stacked and pretty much screwed.

How does your decision change if you have even less, such as 4BB, but still getting over 2:1 on your call? What about on the bubble?

[ QUOTE ]
To be very brief, I think it's funny as hell to ((almost) correctly) call someone with a 62o and suck out.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's even more fun when I call with 62o, getting 3:1, crack their AK, and they act as if they'd just seen the Hindenburg explode into flames.

Jman28
08-31-2005, 03:17 AM
Do you have SNGPT? It answers most questions like this pretty well.

-Skeme-
08-31-2005, 03:22 AM
Yeah, I've downloaded it a few times, but can't figure out how to work it. I don't know what half of the [censored] means.

Jman28
08-31-2005, 03:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I've downloaded it a few times, but can't figure out how to work it. I don't know what half of the [censored] means.

[/ QUOTE ]

Spend an hour or two figuring it out. It will help you with SNG play more than you would ever think a piece of software can.

bruin
08-31-2005, 03:28 AM
In the situation you mentioned, I think I'm folding. Hero will still be left with more chips than the raiser on this hand, and the SB/Button will be coming up to you pretty soon, which are pretty good steal positions after it has bene folded around. Plus, your stack size still has some meat to it when you push with t1000.

And yea, I always find it amusing when my 45o busts someones AK after I'm getting ridiculous odds and they harangue me for playing a crap hand like that. It's funny how some people just don't understand simple math.

-Skeme-
08-31-2005, 03:28 AM
Alright, I'll give it another shot. Thanks a lot.

08-31-2005, 04:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Do you have SNGPT? It answers most questions like this pretty well.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, but what is SNGPT ?

jon462
08-31-2005, 04:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
What? The free version comes with a tutorial which explains just about everything you need to know to use it pretty clearly.

Nicholasp27
08-31-2005, 10:19 AM
it's eastbay's program which uses icm, blind sizes, stack sizes, positioning, etc to determine if you should push (first in pot) or should call a push based on your ev if u fold and your ev if u push/call push

it's found at sitngo-analyzer .com

08-31-2005, 10:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
What? The free version comes with a tutorial which explains just about everything you need to know to use it pretty clearly.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is there a free version...I thought it cost like $70 to use?

pergesu
08-31-2005, 10:32 AM
If you download it, it's got a couple lessons to follow. You can't manually enter in all the values (I think), but you can still learn a ton by following the lessons. Then you realize how much $$ it will make you, so you pay for the license and then analyze your own play. Pretty sweet.

08-31-2005, 10:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If you download it, it's got a couple lessons to follow. You can't manually enter in all the values (I think), but you can still learn a ton by following the lessons. Then you realize how much $$ it will make you, so you pay for the license and then analyze your own play. Pretty sweet.

[/ QUOTE ]

ok thx.