PDA

View Full Version : Advertising....and the Hurricane?

08-31-2005, 01:28 AM
anyone watching the MSNBC's or FOX NEWS's hurricane coverage notice any blatent coke product placements. Guy on the rescue boat ( diet coke can ) and the escaped monkey in the walmart ( between the coke two liters )? can this be considered a coincidence or can coca-cola really be profitting from highly emotional coverage like this?

Rosie5
08-31-2005, 01:45 AM
This just in : Coca cola is blowing away the competition!

thanks I'll be here all weekend, Tip your waitress

Bartman387
08-31-2005, 01:54 AM
A lot of people drink coke

a lot of stores sell coke

Now which is more likely that coke execs followed around an escaped money and when video camers got around threw some coke 2 liters by him so they would get air time or that the monkey just happened to be by a coke 2 liter?

08-31-2005, 02:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
A lot of people drink coke

a lot of stores sell coke

Now which is more likely that coke execs followed around an escaped money and when video camers got around threw some coke 2 liters by him so they would get air time or that the monkey just happened to be by a coke 2 liter?

[/ QUOTE ]

oh come on, when have you ever seen a monkey next to a two liter of coke??? /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

but seriously, there were some shots when product placement was very clear. who drinks a can of diet coke while on a rescue boat and who sets up a camera shot where a monkey just happens to be visible between two two liters of coke?

MicroBob
08-31-2005, 03:04 PM
you're right.

nobody drinks coke in real life.
and i never see coke cans or bottles or logos anywhere throughout my daily travels.

obviously if there just 'happens' to be a coke logo in a camera-shot it was done intentionally. because what are the chances of EVER actually seeing a coke logo otherwise?