PDA

View Full Version : Reraise flop?

mrbaseball
04-15-2003, 03:26 PM
Playing 2/4 at Paradise. I have A/forums/images/icons/diamond.gif 9/forums/images/icons/diamond.gif utg and limp. 2 more limpers in mp and button raises while blinds fold. I and other limpers call. Button is very loose.

Anyway flop is 3 more /forums/images/icons/diamond.gifs giving me nut flush. I bet out. Limpers fold and button raises. I generally reraise here as I like straightforward play at these levels but decide to call instead because I don't want to scream flush and chase him away. Anyway a black K falls on the turn I bet and get a call. River blank I bet and get a call and obviously my hand is good.

So is it worth risking a reraise here on the flop and maybe losing him? I wasn't going to try anything like a checkraise and possibly miss a bet. I typically use this play (no reraise and bet turn) when I suspect a semi-bluff raise too.

slim
04-15-2003, 03:43 PM
Hi Tom Selleck,
I would either 3 bet the flop or call and CR the turn. Iwould not call and bet out on turn. Your opponent probably doesn not have a flush (hopefully he does but he probably doesn't)so when the black K falls on the turn and you bet out after only calling the flop raise, it looks very much like theK helped you and if he can't beat 2 pair or if he doesn't have a K,Q diamond, he will likely fold your turn bet in which case you lost a SB by not 3 betting the flop.

RockLobster
04-15-2003, 03:44 PM
I play it the same way, if that helps...

RockLobster
04-15-2003, 03:49 PM
I would either 3 bet the flop or call and CR the turn.

I like the idea of calling his raise on the flop, and not scaring him off with a 3-bet while the bets are still small. At that point, I'm not willing to risk missing a turn or river bet, so I bet out (rather than going for the c/r).

I basically would play this exactly as slim did, I'll be checking to see how others feel as well.