PDA

View Full Version : Best Heater Ever (No Content)

calamere
08-31-2005, 12:05 AM
I'm on the biggest baddest heater ever.

53% ROI and 52% ITM over the last 100 SnGs. Intense. I wish it would last forever. It sure makes it easier when I get beat by AJ against my AQ on the bubble when I'm kicking so much ass.

Turns out Citanul was right about just playing your game and not worrying about ITM finishes.

Going to Thailand in a month and, at this rate, I should have an extra four grand (at least) for the ol' travelling fund. I couldn't have done any of this without this forum. Thanks, everyone. I love this place.

Calamere

Karak567
08-31-2005, 12:10 AM
Let us know about your sleeping/eating schedule too please

/dick mode off

grats

calamere
08-31-2005, 01:27 AM
I sleep at night time.
I play poker in the morning (because I'm currently in South Korea.)
I eat in the day time.
I drink in the evening.
Lather.
Rinse.
Repeat.

Are you sure you can turn the dick mode off? I think it might be on AUTO on your model. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

KramerTM
08-31-2005, 01:30 AM
Hope you purchasea Thai hooker and get syphilis.

Congrats on the heater.

-Skeme-
08-31-2005, 01:50 AM
Unfortunately you're playing $5.50 SNGs.

Kanchi
08-31-2005, 02:00 AM
Hmmmm....

i) you're having a good upswing [I'm break even over 400]
ii) you're in S. Korea [I was hoping to go for a few days in July but couldn't because couldn't reach a friend and time]
iii) you're going to Thailand [wanted to but couldn't because of time]

[censored] you

K, I'm sorry =/

Hopefully I break out of this streak soon and I'm definitely going to S. Korea/Thailand next summer ^_^, Congrats

microbet
08-31-2005, 02:16 AM
Make sure she's really a girl, if that matters to you.

raptor517
08-31-2005, 02:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yea.. theres lotsa trannies there.. be careful bout that. otherwise, you can get a threesome all night for like 50 bucks, and a night on the town is under 20. cheap cheap place. holla

jon462
08-31-2005, 06:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

dont be so results oriented..

Eevee
08-31-2005, 06:21 AM
Where are you going in THailand...I was just there this summer.

-EV

skipperbob
08-31-2005, 06:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LMAO /images/graemlins/blush.gif

diebitter
08-31-2005, 07:02 AM
Nice one. What levels? What's your strategy, textbook?

calamere
08-31-2005, 07:53 AM
Thank jesus, no. That'd be disappointing.

diebitter
08-31-2005, 08:00 AM
Spill the beans then /images/graemlins/wink.gif

What level/site, at least?

PS. I meant Harrington textbook, not Sklansky textbook.

calamere
08-31-2005, 08:02 AM
I am the last person you should be taking advice from so I'm not gonna tell you how to play BUT...... Research the living hell out of this forum (which is not hard to do) and you're good to go. I highly reccomend all of the articales in the Offical FAQ and this thread (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/favlinker.php?Cat=&Entry=94297&F_Board=singletable &Thread=1918735&partnumber=&postmarker=). Read all of the bubble push posts. ALL OF THEM.

You will start recognizing the people on this forum who know their [censored] cold. Any post by those people are worth a read. I am NOT one of those people.

Gimme a shout if you see me on party. Same name.

diebitter
08-31-2005, 08:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I am the last person you should be taking advice from so I'm not gonna tell you how to play BUT...... Research the living hell out of this forum (which is not hard to do) and you're good to go. I highly reccomend all of the articales in the Offical FAQ and this thread (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/favlinker.php?Cat=&Entry=94297&F_Board=singletable &Thread=1918735&partnumber=&postmarker=). Read all of the bubble push posts. ALL OF THEM.

You will start recognizing the people on this forum who know their [censored] cold. Any post by those people are worth a read. I am NOT one of those people.

Gimme a shout if you see me on party. Same name.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do party for limit games, but use other sites (noble, pacific) for tourneys cos they're sooooo fishy. Never tried party, cos I want to keep my pokertracker stats for limit clean.

Is party v. fishy too? Ya see people calling an all in with stuff like 'QToff when the blinds are tiny' sort of fishy?

calamere
08-31-2005, 08:08 AM
The 22s on Party.

I don't have a textbook. I've read a few though and I'm getting Super System (borrowed) soon but all of my ideas and strategy come from this site pretty much.

Mind you, I suck at anything that isn't a no-limit or pot-limit tournament. No cash games for me. I start looking down at K7 sooted on the button and sliding the bar all the way to the right. Sometimes I catch myself in time. Sometimes. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

calamere
08-31-2005, 08:16 AM
I actually started on Pacific. Won my first "big" tournament there so it'll always have a special place in my heart.

I go by the theory that Party has the most people so it must have the most fish. That doesn't make it it true but that's how I look at it. I take my numbers on that from here. (http://pokerpulse.com/)

Are there fishes in the 22s? Definately. I was ITM and 3 handed by Level 3 in a SnG the other day cause people couldn't get their chips into the middle fast enough. It was crazy.

diebitter
08-31-2005, 08:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The 22s on Party.

I don't have a textbook. I've read a few though and I'm getting Super System (borrowed) soon but all of my ideas and strategy come from this site pretty much.

Mind you, I suck at anything that isn't a no-limit or pot-limit tournament. No cash games for me. I start looking down at K7 sooted on the button and sliding the bar all the way to the right. Sometimes I catch myself in time. Sometimes. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yah, tourney play does not translate well to NLHE. Kewl, I might give the 22s a look, I'll be on in about 7-8 hours, and keep an eye out for you and introduce myself.

SuperSystem is not too good as the first reader for NLHE, you could lose a lot with just that - good read once you've really got to grips with NLHE though.

Harrington on Holdem Vol.1 is the nuts for tourney + middle/large stack NLHE, whilst Ed Miller's Getting Started in Holdem is good for short stack NLHE (now, I always go into a game short, and only if I build up do I play proper middle/large stack play)

calamere
08-31-2005, 08:33 AM
Coolio. I'll be on in about 11 or 12 hours.

Harrington on Holdem Vol.1 - I'm so on that project. Thanks for the advice.

But I still gotta read the Doyle. Come on now. Did you see him spank that guy on the WPT final table? I was literally laughing at the TV the whole time. Doyle made this hot pro, who had been making a bunch of the final tables, look like a little girl. It was great.

I love watching the poker on TV cause then I know how the people online are going to play. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

diebitter
08-31-2005, 08:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Coolio. I'll be on in about 11 or 12 hours.

Harrington on Holdem Vol.1 - I'm so on that project. Thanks for the advice.

But I still gotta read the Doyle. Come on now. Did you see him spank that guy on the WPT final table? I was literally laughing at the TV the whole time. Doyle made this hot pro, who had been making a bunch of the final tables, look like a little girl. It was great.

I love watching the poker on TV cause then I know how the people online are going to play. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Supersystem (I'm talking about 2 here actually) is for the v.aggressive player, not the best way to play whilst you're getting experience.

Actually, I think it's wimpy myself - low suited 0-gap connectors - pah - only wussies need suited and no gap :O

Don't really watch poker on TV, but wish I'd've seen it. The only thing I'd truly liked to have seen though was when Hellmuth's currently playing hand was announced over a tannoy at some Irish tourney. That would have been TV gold! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

kevstreet
08-31-2005, 09:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

vnh

MegaBet
08-31-2005, 05:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yea.. theres lotsa trannies there.. be careful bout that. otherwise, you can get a threesome all night for like 50 bucks, and a night on the town is under 20. cheap cheap place. holla

[/ QUOTE ]

Your indepth knowledge of this is...scary.