PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate Bet and the bet pot button

wall_st
08-31-2005, 12:03 AM
I just recently signed up at ultimate bet. I am mainly a 100NL 6 max player and was looking for a change of scenery from party skins. I like the software at ultimate bet because it is really fast and the players seem reasonably fishy as well. Game selection seems rather thin at the levels I play, but my main beef with the site is the "bet pot" button. While party skins have this as well it is not available unless you select it as one of your pre selected actions, while the UB button is available all of the time.

This button is great because it speeds up play quite a bit, however I notice that it is making my normally fishy opponents less fishy because now instead of betting $2 into a $6 pot they just quickly click the bet pot button. When they want to reraise the original bet they just click the bet pot button instead of min raising. Has anyone noticed that this button while convient dramatically changes the game dynamics at the small stakes nl game ?

TreyOfLight
08-31-2005, 02:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
it is making my normally fishy opponents less fishy because now instead of betting $2 into a $6 pot they just quickly click the bet pot button.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not common, but when I see someone doing this on party I start drooling. Wait for a >TPTK flop, call their PSB, check-minraise the turn and (voila!) that's plus one stack for you.

Shibby
08-31-2005, 02:43 AM
I just moved to UB as well to try it out and it's working out well for me. I wish they had a better HH system in place, but that's another story.

I didn't like the bet pot button initially either for the same reasons you don't, but when you're the aggressor, it builds a pot rather nicely and people aren't necessarily putting you on a strong hand since they figure it's just so easy for someone to click the button. I've grown to like it... or maybe I'm the fish you're talking about?!?

Edit: I also love how many people min-raise pf. It makes my pants tight just thinking about cracking their aces with suited gappers.

wall_st
08-31-2005, 03:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
it is making my normally fishy opponents less fishy because now instead of betting $2 into a $6 pot they just quickly click the bet pot button.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not common, but when I see someone doing this on party I start drooling. Wait for a >TPTK flop, call their PSB, check-minraise the turn and (voila!) that's plus one stack for you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea using this button on party is like wearing a sign that says; "hello im retarded"