PDA

View Full Version : Stud/8 - I expect to be ignored or ...

greenage
08-30-2005, 11:37 PM
I expect to be ignored or vilified.

Couldn’t get stats out of Twodimes until 5th:

pokenum -mc 500000 -7s8 5d 4d jd - td th ad 8d kd - 2c 7h 4s / 4c 2d 3s 3h 3c
7-card Stud Hi/Low 8-or-better: 500000 sampled outcomes
cards EV
Jd 5d 4d 0.215
Ad Kd Td 8d Th 0.492
4s 2c 7h 0.293

7 Card Stud High-Low ($0.50/$1.00), Ante $0.05 (hand converter (http://www.geocities.com/greenage22/7StudConverter.hta.txt))

3rd Street - (0.80 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 4/images/graemlins/club.gif___calls___folds
Seat 2: xx xx 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___calls___calls
Seat 3: xx xx 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___folds
Hero: T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif T/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___raises
Seat 5: xx xx 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif___folds
Seat 6: xx xx 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif___folds
Seat 7: xx xx 2/images/graemlins/club.gif___bets___calls
Seat 8: xx xx 3/images/graemlins/club.gif___folds

4th Street - (7.80 SB)

Seat 2: xx xx 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___calls
Hero: T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif T/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___bets
Seat 7: xx xx 2/images/graemlins/club.gif 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif___calls

5th Street - (5.40 BB)

Seat 2: xx xx 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___folds
Hero: T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif T/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___bets
Seat 7: xx xx 2/images/graemlins/club.gif 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif___calls

6th Street - (7.40 BB)

Hero: T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif T/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif___bets
Seat 7: xx xx 2/images/graemlins/club.gif 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif 9/images/graemlins/club.gif___calls

River - (9.40 BB)

Hero: T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif T/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif K/images/graemlins/heart.gif___bets
Seat 7: xx xx 2/images/graemlins/club.gif 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif 9/images/graemlins/club.gif xx___calls

Total pot: 11.40

bigredlemon
08-30-2005, 11:51 PM
I vote for vilified. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

With that structure you can throw away your middle pair on 3rd. THe bring in has bet and there's been 2 callers. A raise isn't going to kick out anyone who already called and very unlikely to kick out anyone who were behind you planning to call the first bet. I really don't like building a big pot here. Luckily for you, seat 1 folds though I can't imagine why.

On fourth, I'd like to check. You are losing much by giving a free card here, and if you seat 2 bets, you'll have a good chance of kicking out seat 7 with a raise. Checking also doesn't give away your hand, while it'll help define everyone else's hands. With the pot so big I can't see anyone folding here from your bet either, so I see no reason to bet at all. They aren't folding even if they paired up.

ps. your 2dimes sim is problematic because the villains don't have any two random cards down.

blumpkin22
08-30-2005, 11:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]

With that structure you can throw away your middle pair on 3rd.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you look at all the dead low cards?

bholdr
08-30-2005, 11:58 PM
the ante is so tiny in this game that there is really no reason to play this hand at all. but, since you did... i play it the exact same way: keep pounding until you're raised.

unless he fell into trips or some weird straight, i assume your kings up were good?

mscags
08-31-2005, 12:10 AM
Toss on third. I can see completing this if there weren't any low cards out for a steal attempt, but there are a gazillion low cards out. At least one person, if not more will be calling. Save your money for a better chance.

bigredlemon
08-31-2005, 12:15 AM
Hero's not going to be much of a favourite against two lows. If Seat 7 has a big burried pair, Hero could get himself in a big mess without realizing it.

Andy B
08-31-2005, 01:31 AM
Puke. Fold on third. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Check on fourth. I would probably do so with the intention of folding, but I don't know. I don't know how to play pocket Tens because I've never voluntarily put chips in the pot with pocket Tens.

I'd check and call on fifth. Maybe a couple more diamonds will show on sixth. Puke.

I would probably check and call on sixth and or seventh. Puke. Hope you managed to get your money back.

This post brought to you by Guinness.

greenage
08-31-2005, 01:47 AM
Well now that I’ve been vilified by the mod I guess I can post the results and my thoughts (you really think greenage?).

I was running kind of good (so my stack was too big) and saw that sea of low cards. Now, even I know not to play a pair of T’s even w/an Ace kicker. But I thunk, look at all those low cards, I can’t make a low even when my outs are like totally clean, so hey I raised and kept betting.

Seat 7: [Ah Qd 2c 7h 4s 9c Qc]

So much for creative play at a tight ante structure?

Good night all.

kschellenger
08-31-2005, 02:01 AM
wow, I almost don't believe it...almost. I hope you sat with him til he busted. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

bigredlemon
08-31-2005, 02:41 AM
he completed with (Ah Qd) 2c??

I don't think it's running good so much as good table selection. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

arcticfox
08-31-2005, 03:55 AM
I never open complete as drives a lot of people from the pot potentially, but a lot of opponents do which I usually read as a buried big pair, 3 to a wheel or 3 to a low with a flush or straight draw. Do you guys ever open complete and what do you put your opponents on when they open complete with a 2, 3, 4, 5 or 6 showing? And what do you need to call with facing an open completion?

Alchemist
08-31-2005, 11:29 AM
I really hate playing middle/big pairs on third but you've got a unique situation here. Because the BI completed right away I would probably fold, but if he just brought in, I kind of like the raise because everyone is showing a baby. Let them think you have Aces. With so many lows out, they should think twice about going low. And if they brick on 4th, you might be able to pick up the pot with a bet.

4th: Since your two remaining opponents caught low again, I'm not sure I'd bet here since they won't likely fold.

I think you're good the rest of the way. Keep betting until you're raised because he may not have made his low.