PDA

View Full Version : So - how tough are you guys on newbies . .

Webster
08-30-2005, 11:26 PM
I have several 100,000 lifetime hands (1/2 to 5/10) in hold'm but 250 in Omaha Hi'Lo.

I'm doing quit well in 1/2 but some flop decisions are mind boggling for a newbie.

I am making 27BB/100 but that's probably not sustainable LOL /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

So don't castrate me if I do something totally dumb ass!

dcasper70
08-31-2005, 08:21 AM
These guys aren't harsh in a malicious way, more of a 'get your head out of your ass' way. When you get berated, there's typically a very good reason, find it.

kitaristi0
08-31-2005, 09:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I am making 27BB/100 but that's probably not sustainable LOL

[/ QUOTE ]

Posting these kind of winrates, even when semi-kidding, may well get your ass kicked. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Drizztdj
08-31-2005, 04:13 PM
I'm a new guy too, the posters here seem pretty level-headed except towards people who post 27BB win rates.

Oh wait.... /images/graemlins/cool.gif

anatta
08-31-2005, 04:53 PM
A lot of times you will make aggressive plays and the "experts" will berate you. For example, you raise on river with nut low and a weak high, hoping the original better has naked nut low and you can fold out a high behind you, but the caller behind has nut low, the orginal better was going high ("whatcha think he had, moron!!!"), and you get quartered.

The first time I played, someone made fun of me. On river, I had A2 for nut low and nothing else, the SB bet out, BB called, I raised, and both called, and I took a quarter.

The BB, other A2, made sure that everyone knew he thought the play was horrible. I can't remember the hand exactly. I don't think I had any reason to suspect that I was against another A2. I was against the blinds who don't need a good hand like A2 to enter an unraised pot. And it was low limit online where guys chase and pay off with lesser lows.

But this guy's point was that its always wrong to raise here. This is clearly wrong since I am 2:1 on my raise against what I lose by getting a quarter, and therefore, I need to be quarted over 66% of the time for my raise to be wrong.

As Zehn
08-31-2005, 05:28 PM
Or people who buy in for $799 on a .02/.04 O8 limit table /images/graemlins/wink.gif

KneeCo
09-01-2005, 12:38 AM
I'm an O8 newbie too.

Everyone on the forum has been quite helpful and patient thus far.

chaos
09-01-2005, 08:58 AM
We were all once new to the game and we were all once new to this forum. It's good to keep that in perspective.