PDA

View Full Version : AQ at the flop.

martial
08-30-2005, 11:16 PM
Absolute poker 1/2 holdem.The game is very tight and agressive.9 handed.Usually 25-30% see the flop.
6 players are extreamly rare in this game and I am wondering what to do after bet,caller and raiser.
Hero is in last possition with A /images/graemlins/spade.gifQ /images/graemlins/spade.gif.Early player and two middle limp.Hero raises everyone calls.
6 players,the pot is $12.
The flop is Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif8 /images/graemlins/club.gif5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif
BB bet,UTG fold,MP2 calls,MP3 raise,Hero???

imported_CaseClosed326
08-30-2005, 11:22 PM
I would three bet. Very good chance you have the best hand.

martial
08-30-2005, 11:25 PM
What if you had K /images/graemlins/spade.gifQ /images/graemlins/spade.gif instead of A /images/graemlins/spade.gifQ /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Argus
08-30-2005, 11:39 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">En réponse à:</font><hr />
I would three bet. Very good chance you have the best hand.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, this is pretty clear. I'd 3-bet KQ too, but some players can limp AQ so I'd be wary of that and take note of further resistance. When you have KQ, the most likely hand to be behind isn't AQ, it's a set. This is obviously possible with the hand as posted, so I think you can fold to a turn c/r against unknowns.

bryan4967
08-30-2005, 11:42 PM
3 betting is the only play with the AQ, though i would consider just calling with the KQ, depending on the players.

MyTurn2Raise
08-30-2005, 11:47 PM
easy 3-bet...i'm thinking your opponents have QJ, KQ, AQ, or a set....most of those are good for you.