PDA

View Full Version : 25,000 stat check

Predator314
08-30-2005, 11:14 PM
25,000 hands. I'm just looking for tips to increase the win rate.

The 5/10 hands were from a few months ago. I cashed out a large chunk of my bankroll to buy a house. I'm now playing 3/6 6 max.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v521/wiredaces77/6max.jpg

jba
08-30-2005, 11:17 PM
there is obviously a large disparity between your 3/6 and your 5/10 stats, yet you didn't mention it. why are you making this a mystery? if your play is different you should have mentioned it and if it isn't you wouldn't have made this post.

sethypooh21
08-30-2005, 11:19 PM
Fold the SB much more. Probably over defending BB as well. Get to showdown less. Of course all rhose stats are meaningless due to sample size...

Predator314
08-31-2005, 06:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
there is obviously a large disparity between your 3/6 and your 5/10 stats, yet you didn't mention it. why are you making this a mystery? if your play is different you should have mentioned it and if it isn't you wouldn't have made this post.

[/ QUOTE ]

No mystery. I was just playing way too tight on the 5/10 tables, and loosened up the last few thousand hands. My PFR% was way too low, but towards the end I was starting to increase it as well.

cartman
08-31-2005, 07:49 AM
In my opinion.....

Your folded the SB to steal probably should be at least 85%. Your attempt to steal blind should be at least 5% higher, maybe considerably more depending on how well you play postflop.

Cartman

setjes
08-31-2005, 07:50 AM
You're playing way too many hands from the SB at 3/6

Predator314
08-31-2005, 08:44 AM
Thanks for the tips. I'm starting to post better win rates at the 6 max games.

When I first started 5/10 6 max early in the year, I was getting my butt handed to me. A friend who has a great winrate at 5/10 and 10/20 gave me some pointers. Most of my problem was that I was playing too tight and not raising pre-flop enough.

After I loosened up a bit and starting PF raising more, the wins followed. However, it was after a good # of hands, so my stats didn't really change that much and doesn't really reflect my current style of play.

The 5000 $3/6 hands more reflect my current play and I wish I had posted just those hands.

Some other things I've changed about my play since I initially started playing 6 max are A.) Never open limping and B.) Showing down my Ace high heads up against a LAG (I guess this is the reason for the rise in my WTSD%).

BeerMoney
08-31-2005, 08:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Your attempt to steal blind should be at least 5% higher, maybe considerably more depending on how well you play postflop.

Cartman

[/ QUOTE ]

For his 3/6 stats too? What number do you recommend for Att to steal for 3/6 players? thank you in advance.

witeknite
08-31-2005, 09:58 AM
What's your folded BB to steal and folded HU at 3/6 Seth?

WiteKnite

marching_on_together
08-31-2005, 10:16 AM
i think a 30% stealing percentage is fine for 3/6, the blinds are looser so your not going to run people over as much.

Conversley i think both the folded SB and BB are going to be higher than higher limits where there is more blind steal attempts 80-85 for the SB would seem about right for 3/6

cartman
09-01-2005, 12:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Your attempt to steal blind should be at least 5% higher, maybe considerably more depending on how well you play postflop.

Cartman

[/ QUOTE ]

For his 3/6 stats too? What number do you recommend for Att to steal for 3/6 players? thank you in advance.

[/ QUOTE ]

I only played about 500 hand of 3/6 (6-max) because a friend of mine who I am confident plays well postflop was only getting to the showdown around 30% of the time, regardless of if he played with a VPIP of 20 or a VPIP of 30. When I played, to my astonishment my went ot showdown was only about 30% too even though my won when saw flop was way higher than normal (because I had a lucky stretch of cards over this incredibly small sample of hand). My hypothesis is contrary to what marching_on_together's assessment in that I think the 3/6 game must be EASIER to run over than the 5/10 game.

I may be completely wrong, but that is the only thing that seems to be able to justify the fact that my friend's went to sd is so low but his won when saw flop is very normal (around 40%). It seems like he must simply be winning lots of pots uncontested because people are folding more prior to the showdown than at 5/10. That in turn leads me to believe that a person should possibly steal even more than at 5/10.

I am probably not the one to ask about the "ideal" attempt to steal blind number because mine is over 40% when I look at the results of my steal hands in context with one another (bceause obviously the sample sizes are extremely small), it appears that I am not stealing with any unprofitable hands. That said, I think the prevailing att to steal blind average is probably closer to 35% around here and it may very well be that mine is too high.

Cartman