Seat 8 - JOEY_I $3695 in chips
*** BLIND [dealer 8] ***
BIGLOE - Post small blind $200
LANEWFIE - Post big blind $400
LEONARD9 - Pocket [Js,Ks]
LEONARD9 -

bluefeet
08-30-2005, 10:42 PM
i vote push. BB is a tad committed, but KJs should hold up well vs. his random holdings (big daddy SB might come along for the ride, but at these blinds, you simply can't wait).

08-30-2005, 10:44 PM
Easy push.

08-30-2005, 10:56 PM
I'm interested in seeing how more experienced players respond to this. This situation comes down to a "playing for first" or "limping into third" mentality, IMO. KJs would be a standard push for me UTG if the stacks were even. I'm not sure in this situation. For me, its close between pushing a strong holding four-handed and hoping to get HU with the BB, assuming he calls with ~1/3 of his stack invested, and folding while not really being happy about it.

I'm really not sure if folding is terribly weak or not. You'd be pushing through two larger stacks who are in better position to apply pressure to the short stack who's almost pot committed from the start of the hand. I figure if you get called by the two larger stacks here, you're almost always in trouble.

After thinking about it for a little longer before posting this, I choose push. There's not enough time to hope for a better holding with ~4BB's if I'm playing for first.

Edit: When I typed "more experienced players" there weren't any responses to the OP yet. I didn't mean this as some tongue-in-cheek insult to the above posters.