PDA

View Full Version : Multitabling problems

Me and You
08-30-2005, 09:29 PM
This one seems to happen to me a lot. I'll be multitabling and get a crappy hand on one table but the flop on the other table would give me a monster. For instance I am holding 79o on one table and yet the flop on the other table is 997 or 8 6 5 or something similar. Does this happen to you alot and does it make you want to call that bet? It would seriously happen to me probably 10 times a session in a 200 hand session. So far I havn't succombed to the temptation but it does get close. The old "ohh just once" comes to the mind a bit.

Cheers

OrianasDaad
08-31-2005, 01:25 AM
The mind is good at putting together patterns. Don't fall victim to it, but learn when to listen to it as well.

"ohh just once" is a mild form of tilt, and succumbing to it leads to an overall lack of discipline.

VarlosZ
08-31-2005, 03:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
For instance I am holding 79o on one table and yet the flop on the other table is 997 or 8 6 5 or something similar. Does this happen to you alot and does it make you want to call that bet?

[/ QUOTE ]
Don't forget holding identical cards (rank and suit) at two tables at once.

I do sometimes take these occurences as a chance to loosen up, but not for the reason you're probably thinking of. I do it to randomize my meta-game plays. If I see a sufficiently rare multi-table coincidence, I'll use that as a cue to launch my one-in-a-hundred raise from early position with 86s.

Buck_65
08-31-2005, 03:44 AM
You can play whatever hands you want, whenever you want. You don't have to fold before the flop if you really don't want to. This is a game, after all.

I guarantee your long term results will suffer if you begin playing too loosely, but do whatever makes you happy.

jskills
08-31-2005, 09:29 AM
All it is is a coincidence. It is meaningless.

Sciolist
08-31-2005, 12:03 PM
Good plan, and pretty much what I do as well. Nothing wrong with using an external (and rare) factor to randomise your decisions.

I can't really use the same thing though, because I look at my cards for half a second preflop and have clicked my mouse before consciously thinking "OK, I have AK in mid position, and...". I then instantly forget what I have if I fold. I guess that a lot of hands under your belt is useful in more regards than the obvious experience...