PDA

View Full Version : The Best of "Baghdad Bob"

MMMMMM
04-15-2003, 07:28 AM
The Iraqi Information Minister, Mohammed Saeed Al-Sahaf (aka 'Baghdad Bob'):

"Our initial assessment is that they will all die."

"We have them surrounded in their tanks."

"I triple guarantee you, there are no American soldiers in Baghdad."

"NO, we have retaken the airport. There are NO Americans there. I will take you there and show you. IN ONE HOUR!"

"Lying is forbidden in Iraq. President Saddam Hussein will tolerate nothing but truthfulness as he is a man of great honor and integrity. Everyone is encouraged to speak freely of the truths evidenced in their eyes and hearts."

"We will kill them all...most of them."

"They will be burnt. We are going to tackle them."

"I speak better English than this villain Bush."

"We're giving them a real lesson today. Heavy doesn't accurately describe the level of casualties we have inflicted."

"Who is this dog Franks in Qatar?"

"It has been rumored that we have fired scud missiles into Kuwait. I am here now to tell you, we do not have any scud missiles and I don't know why they were fired into Kuwait."

"We are surrounding them and pounding them. The whole trend has changed and we are going to finalize this very soon."

"After we finish defeating all of those animals we will disclose that with facts and figures."

David Steele
04-15-2003, 10:38 AM
"I speak better English than this villain Bush."

oops he got something right.

John Cole
04-15-2003, 12:30 PM
Damn, beat me to it, David.

Billy LTL
04-16-2003, 06:58 AM
Baghdad Bob was the only source of amusement during the entire war. Such confidence when the enemy is pounding the crap out of you can only be admired.

WTF
04-16-2003, 08:00 AM
My favorite was:

"The infidels are committing suicide by the hundreds
on the gates of Baghdad. Be assured, Baghdad is safe!"

IrishHand
04-16-2003, 10:26 AM
All his great quotes are at:

http://www.welovetheiraqiinformationminister.com/
Seriously - it's a hilarious site..it's even got "What would he have said during history's most famous battles. For example, at Waterloo: "The Emperor Napoleon, God praise his name, has cut the throats of the British mercenary dogs. We are already, as I am speaking, besieging London. These are simple truths, Vive la France!"

Easy E
04-16-2003, 11:39 AM
spoofing him working for the damnYankees