PDA

View Full Version : Q about 2+2 display.

Mike Haven
04-15-2003, 04:45 AM
up until a day or two ago, on my screen, new messages were highlighted in orange and a bracketted number of new posts showed beside the Replies header, in orange

when i clicked on a thread and read the new posts, then went back to the list of threads, the orange items disappeared, indicating to me that i had read them

for the past day or two, those orange indicators have remained on show until i have logged out and back in again

is this the same for everybody or have i picked up a bug or something?

thanks

Hung
04-15-2003, 05:11 AM
Try to clean your cookies and log in again.
ooohhhh coooookies....

Mike Haven
04-15-2003, 06:26 AM
thanks hung

deleted cookies - logged in from scratch

still the same, im afraid

odd

Hung
04-15-2003, 06:34 AM
Are you using explorer? Maybe you should close and open explorer again. It's like a reboot. I think this forum uses cookis to store the data. But I'm not sure. Did you change something in the forum options? Because you can change the look of the forum.
Maybe it will be gone tomorrow. Computers are always doing strange things. They're like woman.

dux
04-15-2003, 07:54 AM
I think this has happened to me Mike, suddenly it says you've read all the posts, is that what you are saying is happening to you?
I have no solutions however.

Mike Haven
04-15-2003, 09:31 AM
yes, that has also happened to me in the past, but, no, on this occasion it is the opposite - it looks like i haven't read any of the new posts, even as i exit from one back to the list

as hung says, no doubt the little critters that run around inside the computer at night will fix it

edited addendum:

now when i post this message it comes up for me marked as an unread post! that has never happened before - maybe i'm not really me and i have been hijacked by aliens in my sleep - it's strange it has hapened just as lorinda has arrived back on the scene, acussing at everybody - not like her, i thought

Mat Sklansky
04-15-2003, 10:51 AM
Try clearing your cache.

lorinda
04-15-2003, 04:41 PM
it's strange it has hapened just as lorinda has arrived back on the scene, acussing at everybody - not like her, i thought

I didn't want to sneak back in through the side door /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

I love everyone really.

Lori

Mike Haven
04-15-2003, 05:38 PM
Try clearing your cache.

i bet you say that to all the guys

Mike Haven
04-15-2003, 05:46 PM
you were right as usual, hung

everything is back to normal - i spent all day fiddling with my cookies, and that seems to have done the trick

thanks very much for the suggestion

MS Sunshine
04-15-2003, 07:45 PM
"i spent all day fiddling with my cookies"

I'm blind, I'm blind.

I'm blind just reading this.

MS Sunshine

GrannyMae
04-15-2003, 09:08 PM
is this the same for everybody or have i picked up a bug or something?

SARS? smallpox?

http://techhelpers.net/e4u/drink/trink09.gif

Simon Diamond
04-16-2003, 01:18 AM
You keep mentioning SARS granny. Worried?

Simon

lorinda
04-16-2003, 07:16 AM
I thought it stood for "Suspiciously Awful Random Shuffle" and was very worried indeed.
Now I know its just another virus, Im pretty calm, because I have anti-virus software.

Lori

Simon Diamond
04-16-2003, 12:16 PM
Yes I guess it doesn't affect people who don't leave the house too much.

Simon