PDA

View Full Version : The Ultimate Fighter

jstnrgrs
08-30-2005, 07:33 PM
I like how they show the fight without comentators. I wish more sports would be broadcast like this.

LethalRose
08-30-2005, 07:37 PM
UFC is better.

tdarko
08-30-2005, 07:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I like how they show the fight without comentators. I wish more sports would be broadcast like this.

[/ QUOTE ]
the majority of people would not understand a baseball game without commentary as well as football. most people are educated in sports b/c of commentary.

it works for a fight b/c its easy to see who's winning a fight. i still like the technical commentary when they do because you can learn what the different locks are etc.

jedi
08-30-2005, 07:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
the majority of people would not understand a baseball game without commentary as well as football. most people are educated in sports b/c of commentary.

it works for a fight b/c its easy to see who's winning a fight. i still like the technical commentary when they do because you can learn what the different locks are etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was watching TUF 1 on a marathon a few months ago, and I was trying to figure out how Stephan Bonner won his semi-final match. He was down, getting beaten up with 2 seconds left, when all of a sudden his opponent (Mike Swick I think) tapped out. Bonner must have put some sort of submission move on him from below but I still have no idea what it was. Commentary would have helped more on this, but I do enjoy seeing the raw fight without the laser lights show.

It helps that I used to wrestle, but I could see how confusing it might be to the uneducated viewer.

slickpoppa
08-30-2005, 08:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was watching TUF 1 on a marathon a few months ago, and I was trying to figure out how Stephan Bonner won his semi-final match. He was down, getting beaten up with 2 seconds left, when all of a sudden his opponent (Mike Swick I think) tapped out. Bonner must have put some sort of submission move on him from below but I still have no idea what it was. Commentary would have helped more on this, but I do enjoy seeing the raw fight without the laser lights show.

It helps that I used to wrestle, but I could see how confusing it might be to the uneducated viewer.

[/ QUOTE ]

He put him in an armbar. Its when someone gets leverage on your elbow joint and hyperextends it. Once you get trapped in it there is no time to get out. They explained it after the fight.

jedi
08-31-2005, 03:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
He put him in an armbar. Its when someone gets leverage on your elbow joint and hyperextends it. Once you get trapped in it there is no time to get out. They explained it after the fight.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah, I must not have been paying attention, or didn't know what an arm bar was in UFC vs. wrestling.

Thanks

The Truth
08-31-2005, 06:16 AM
Smash.