PDA

View Full Version : SI Predicts: Panthers over Colts

The Armchair
08-30-2005, 07:24 PM
Full picks here (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/nfl/specials/preview/2005/scout.report/?cnn=yes).

Seems rather cautious across the board. Compared to the '04 season, SI has only four new teams in the playoffs, and threeof them are hardly couragous picks. The Ravens (9-7 in '04) and Cheifs (7-9) replace the Broncos and Chargers in the AFC, while Carolina (7-9) and Dallas (6-10) replace GB and the Rams.

IggyWH
08-30-2005, 07:26 PM
Little OT :

Hey The Armchair, I see you floating around here and it seems like you know what you're talking about. I've been asking people and no one will give me a straight answer other than "you're crazy".

Raiders getting a TD against NE. You like that?

I personally want to bet on this so when I win I can go back and tell everyone "I told you so and I put up the money to prove it".

The Armchair
08-30-2005, 07:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Little OT :

Hey The Armchair, I see you floating around here and it seems like you know what you're talking about. I've been asking people and no one will give me a straight answer other than "you're crazy".

Raiders getting a TD against NE. You like that?

I personally want to bet on this so when I win I can go back and tell everyone "I told you so and I put up the money to prove it".

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't typically give lines -- MOV is not my area of interest. Sorry.

pryor15
08-30-2005, 10:34 PM
doesn't Colts over Patriots in the playoffs qualify as one of those things you'd be pretty naieve to pick until it's actually happened?

then again, the experts make this pick every year and every year Peyton looks confused.

kyro
08-30-2005, 10:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
doesn't Colts over Patriots in the playoffs qualify as one of those things you'd be pretty naieve to pick until it's actually happened?

then again, the experts make this pick every year and every year Peyton looks confused.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, first thing I thought. Sure, I'm biased, but honestly. You can all keep picking the Colts to beat the Patriots and then spend the entire offseason discussing why they failed AGAIN.

Triumph36
08-30-2005, 10:47 PM
Yankee fans said the same thing.

kyro
08-30-2005, 10:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

With the exception that you've got basically the exact same teams going at it again with the Pats and Colts. The Pats are a little more depleted at D, but Belicheck could make the Chiefs D look like Pro Bowlers.

DukeSucks
08-30-2005, 11:13 PM
I just hope there's no truth to the SI cover jinx... /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

pryor15
08-31-2005, 03:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

and i agreed with them completely.

Edge34
08-31-2005, 03:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

With the exception that you've got basically the exact same teams going at it again with the Pats and Colts. The Pats are a little more depleted at D, but Belicheck could make the Chiefs D look like Pro Bowlers.

[/ QUOTE ]

A little...

CB Ty Law, signed with New York.
LB Tedy Bruschi, out for the season, stroke.
LB Ted Johnson, retired.
LB Roman Phifer, released.
DE Richard Seymour, holding out (I believe).
Coordinator Romeo Crennel, left to coach in Cleveland.

Yep. Just some minor changes. Nothing adding Doug Flutie and Tim Dwight can't fix on offense.

The Colts will beat the Patriots this year, in part because if the game even happens, it'll be in Indianapolis.

kyro
08-31-2005, 07:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah this is a big one. You're kidding here, right?

80% of the Pats secondary was out last year. I am fully aware they are worse at the linebackers position, but they will be much stronger in the secondary.

Sluss
08-31-2005, 07:53 AM
Wow, Dr. Z has lost it, I disagree with all of these:

[ QUOTE ]
1 Eagles 10-6
2 Cowboys* 10-6
3 Giants 5-11
Jets* 10-6
1 Vikings 9-7
2 Packers 8-8
Bears 3-13
Panthers 12-4
2 Falcons* 10-6
3 Saints 8-8
4 Bucs 7-9
3 Broncos 7-9
4 Raiders 7-9
Seahawks 9-7
NFC: Panthers over Eagles AFC: Colts over Patriots

[/ QUOTE ]

utmt40
08-31-2005, 10:28 AM
I think Kansas City is going to be a better team than they are saying they will be.

SocialWelfareIV
08-31-2005, 10:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]

A little...

LB Tedy Bruschi, out for the season, stroke.
LB Ted Johnson, retired.
LB Roman Phifer, released.
DE Richard Seymour, holding out (I believe).
Coordinator Romeo Crennel, left to coach in Cleveland.

Yep. Just some minor changes. Nothing adding Doug Flutie and Tim Dwight can't fix on offense.

The Colts will beat the Patriots this year, in part because if the game even happens, it'll be in Indianapolis.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seymour ended his holdout a couple weeks ago.

Ty Law contributed next to nothing for the Pats last year.

Phifer was a back up (and most likely will be back anyway).

And the Colts play at NE on Nov. 7th.

Also, the NFC picks have Carolina and Dallas replacing GB and the Seahawks in the playoffs, not the Rams.