PDA

View Full Version : aggrevation

08-30-2005, 07:14 PM
I know poker is a skill game, but i've been playing on pokerstars now for a while, and it just doesn't seem like much skill is involved. It seems in sng's...players just push with 2 cards and hope for the best. Seems the majority of the time if u have them dominated, they find a way to hit. If they're short stacked and have live cards, you don't even have to watch the rest. The worst will happen. So how much is actually skill vs luck in these things?

skipperbob
08-30-2005, 07:17 PM
5% Skill
85% Luck
10% Drop

08-30-2005, 07:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Seems the majority of the time if u have them dominated, they find a way to hit.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's not true. If you have AK and they have AQ, they only win 20-30% of the time.

MegaBet
08-30-2005, 07:27 PM
Sounds like someone has had one bad beat too many.

Hey that's poker. Accept it or quit.

valenzuela
08-30-2005, 07:33 PM
the skill in SNG is knowing when to push 2 cards and hope for the best.

KramerTM
08-30-2005, 07:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I know poker is a skill game, but i've been playing on pokerstars now for a while, and it just doesn't seem like much skill is involved. It seems in sng's...players just push with 2 cards and hope for the best. Seems the majority of the time if u have them dominated, they find a way to hit. If they're short stacked and have live cards, you don't even have to watch the rest. The worst will happen. So how much is actually skill vs luck in these things?

[/ QUOTE ]

citanul, you wanna take this one?

ZeroPointMachine
08-30-2005, 07:46 PM
Some really good players (read not me) work their butts off to study and improve their games. They play hard focused poker all the time.

And they lose about 60% of the games they play....

...doesn't that sound like fun.

MegaBet
08-30-2005, 08:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Some really good players (read not me) work their butts off to study and improve their games. They play hard focused poker all the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep! I love it.

lorinda
08-30-2005, 08:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Seems the majority of the time if u have them dominated, they find a way to hit.

[/ QUOTE ]

The key is to have the dominated hand and outdraw them /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Lori

mlagoo
08-30-2005, 08:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

poker players are the baseball players of gambling