PDA

View Full Version : 99 HU vs. Unknown

witeknite
08-30-2005, 05:21 PM
The guy recently sat down and since he's more to my right I hadn't been HU with him yet. Is a flop 3-bet in order? Is the A a good card to make this turn raise as a semi-bluff with the intention of checking behind on the river? After I'm 3-bet, can I call with my possible 11 outs? How much should I discount the flush outs? What about the river getting 11:1? Thanks.

WiteKnite

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4.33 SB) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.16 BB) A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (10.16 BB) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 11.16 BB

bdmcgraw
08-30-2005, 05:38 PM
I would call his 3 bet on the turn and hope your 9 flush is good. Raise him on the river if you have balls and hit your flush(assuming he bets), probably better just calling though.

The turn semi bluff is interesting. Do you think he will fold a queen here? I doubt most 3/6 opponents do..but who knows. Not a terrible play either way, hoping he at least calls your raise and checks river.

I think you have to fold the river.

NH

luckyharr
08-30-2005, 06:17 PM
After he three bets the turn, he's saying he beat a pair of Aces. Your river fold is fine.

On calling the turn three-bet, when you catch a club on the river, your 9 high flush needs to be good around 50% of the time for it to be +EV. That seems reasonable to me.

I would actually like your turn raise more if that card didn't give you 9 more outs to improve. I like raising an Ace there when I can fold immediately if I'm three-bet. I don't like having to put in three bets on the turn with a draw when my opponent likes his hand.

Moozh
08-30-2005, 06:40 PM
What about 3-betting the flop? You are likely ahead and have position. By taking the lead again you give yourself the opportunity to get through the turn and river cheaply if you want.

08-30-2005, 06:47 PM
i play it same way

Fianchetto
08-30-2005, 07:00 PM
Turn raise is not so good.

You are forced to call if he 3-bets because of your possible redraw. It would be better to make this move with a hand you could safely fold to a turn 3-bet.

In your case, I think you should call the turn, and call/fold the river unimproved based on your read/history with this player.

New001
08-30-2005, 07:26 PM
Count me in for not raising the turn, and that's not just being results-orientated.

sethypooh21
08-30-2005, 07:57 PM
I hate the turn raise, both because you have to call the 3-bet with 11 possible outs, and you could already be drawing dead. Without a better read, I probably call the turn and make a decision on the river when we get there. I probably call this river and get pissed at myself when he turns over Q5s...

bobbyi
08-30-2005, 08:11 PM
Frankly, I think the turn raise is awful, specifically because of how much it sucks to get three-bet. Given the action and the turn card, getting three-bet here is not that unlikely.

River is an easy fold.