PDA

View Full Version : people "sticking it out" in hurricanes...

KaneKungFu123
08-30-2005, 04:07 PM
does this mean anything more than just being a lazy [censored] who doesnt want to sit in traffic?

TheMainEvent
08-30-2005, 04:09 PM
I don't think its usually laziness, its more like a macho, loyality-to-your-native-city type of thing. This is not to say that it isn't a stupid thing to do.

Shajen
Are you retarted?

It's not like there aren't 5 or 6 threads running around here on the subject of New Orleans and the hurricane.

stabn
Read Ed's replies in the other thread.

Otherwise i heard they needed to water the plants.

Pocket Trips
08-30-2005, 05:20 PM
I hope every one of these idiots that stayed behind for no other reason than macho bullshit gets what they deserve... swept away in a flash flood never to be seen or heard from again

krazyace5
08-30-2005, 05:23 PM
The thing that bothers me is that an evacuation is ordered and people do not want to leave and their kids are screwed because of their stupidity, shouldn't the government take their kids to safety during this time since it is endangering the welfare of a child?

I am only talking about those that could have left but chose not to.

DoubleClutch
08-30-2005, 05:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I hope every one of these idiots that stayed behind for no other reason than macho bullshit gets what they deserve... swept away in a flash flood never to be seen or heard from again

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a feeling you're a sissy.

etizzle
08-30-2005, 05:39 PM
the truth is, unless you are directly in the eye of a category 4, your house will 95% be fine.

I lived in south florida during Andrew, about 40 minutes north of where the eye hit, and we stayed at home. There was a ton of gusting wind but nothing life threatening.

For those directly in the eye and within a half mile of the coast, evacuating is definitely the best play. Everyone else though is usually fine form my limited experience.

SL__72
08-30-2005, 05:39 PM
and I have a feeling you are a truck driver.

ThisHo
08-30-2005, 05:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The thing that bothers me is that an evacuation is ordered and people do not want to leave and their kids are screwed because of their stupidity, shouldn't the government take their kids to safety during this time since it is endangering the welfare of a child?

I am only talking about those that could have left but chose not to.

[/ QUOTE ]

any answer that starts with "shouldn't the government" is usually incorrect, but that's probably for the politics board.

regarding the people that faced the hurricane:

if they stayed because of macho/arrogant/prideful reasons then they get what they deserve.
if they could NOT get out, then they have my deepest sympathies and someone should have assisted.

I would think that there is a mix of the two groups.

ThisHo

benza13
08-30-2005, 06:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
the truth is, unless you are directly in the eye of a category 4, your house will 95% be fine.

I lived in south florida during Andrew, about 40 minutes north of where the eye hit, and we stayed at home. There was a ton of gusting wind but nothing life threatening.

For those directly in the eye and within a half mile of the coast, evacuating is definitely the best play. Everyone else though is usually fine form my limited experience.

[/ QUOTE ]

How bout the fact that this hurricane missed NO by a bit and NO is feeling the effects because they are downriver and under sea level. The eye missed NO completely and they are still getting f'ed up.