PDA

View Full Version : "wealth"

Paluka
08-30-2005, 03:51 PM
I've found that people that use the word "wealth" are almost always full of it. Why is that? Every time someone says they have a strategy for "increasing wealth" i basically stop listening.

midas
08-30-2005, 03:56 PM
Add "no money down real estate" to that list as well

FishHooks
08-30-2005, 04:01 PM
Anyone who had a real strategy to incrase wealth proboly would keep it to themselves.

TStoneMBD
08-30-2005, 04:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Anyone who had a real strategy to incrase wealth proboly would keep it to themselves.

[/ QUOTE ]

isnt this statement kind of pointless considering that there are a lot of strategies to increase wealth, some more productive than others. one strategy to increase wealth is to recycle your cans instead of throwing them in the dumpster. im sure you will all find my counterstatement to be overly technical but i feel that it holds merit.

tek
08-30-2005, 04:31 PM
Yeah, and what's with these guys with their poker strategy books anyway /images/graemlins/confused.gif

/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

CD56
08-30-2005, 05:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

unless they could make more from selling the strategy than they could by keeping it a secret and implementing it themselves

Dan Mezick
08-30-2005, 05:51 PM
wealth
liberty
democracy
freedom

...many words, many definitions, one per person.

No wonder your BS-ometer is pegged to the red-line. There's a good reason for that.

Sniper
09-01-2005, 03:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I've found that people that use the word "wealth" are almost always full of it. Why is that? Every time someone says they have a strategy for "increasing wealth" i basically stop listening.

[/ QUOTE ]

This would imply that you believe you know everything there is to know about increasing your net worth. This is seriously flawed thinking.

A much better approach is to view all information with an open mind and try to learn something new!

DavidC
09-12-2005, 10:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know about you guys, but when a person actually knows the difference between wealth and money, I listen carefully to what they have to say.

I guess the same could be said of someone who knew the difference between richness of life and material wealth also, but I unfortunately haven't made time for enough of that.

DavidC
09-12-2005, 10:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This would imply that you believe you know everything there is to know about increasing your net worth. This is seriously flawed thinking.

A much better approach is to view all information with an open mind and try to learn something new!

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's implying more that this is some sort of buzzword used by scammers commonly, but his response to it does limit his potential.

jdoe
09-12-2005, 11:35 PM
Shaq is rich

the guy who signs his check is wealthy

-Chris Rock

09-15-2005, 01:31 PM
Are wealth and rich not used synonymously?