PDA

View Full Version : What the heck is going on with americas cardroom

pokerfan
04-14-2003, 05:49 PM
You know this site really pisses me off some times. Seems like every day I have to download like a 2 mg update. Being on dialup it takes 15 min each time. I wish these people would just release a full version fo their software already, as this has become a huge pain in the a$$. Thoughts from anyone else on this?

beernutz
04-14-2003, 07:47 PM
My thoughts: you're quite insane. I play there all the time (ask anyone) and they have no more or less software upgrades than other sites. I've had one in the last week I think.

Try taking some of those winnings (there are SOME aren't there?) and investing in cable Internet or DSL.

crazy canuck
04-14-2003, 08:48 PM
I agree with beer...i think downloading is just a hassle, and I wouldn't call it pain in the ass. Boy, you must tilt easily if this pisses you off this much.

pokerfan
04-14-2003, 09:11 PM
Beer, First of all watch your mouth.

Second I have had to upgrade acr twice this week alone. Only had to update poker stars maybe twice in the past 6 months. Party once, and paradise once. Acr issues like 8 updates a month that is what is insane. And if you haven't noticed this you dont play at acr that much any more.

jek187
04-15-2003, 12:21 AM
Only had to update poker stars maybe twice in the past 6 months. Party once, and paradise once.

Did you only play at the sites twice, once, and once respectively in the last 6 months? Pokerfan, please just try sticking to the facts, your baseless opinions and drivel give this forum a bad name (and that takes some doing.)

Yes, yes, I know...I'll watch my mouth.

GrannyMae
04-15-2003, 12:29 AM
and you are.......... who????

http://users.telenet.be/eforum/emoticons4u/mad/1436.gif

rusty JEDI
04-15-2003, 12:40 AM
I think everyone is going off a little heavy on pokerfan in this case. I think we should be free to voice our opinion on a site. If pokerfan thinks there is too much download then let them say it. If we dont allow this then we become like pokerscene. Obviously not in the same way that it is getting deleted but in the manner that some people are making it so uncomfortable for others to voice their opinions.

In further defense. I find that whenever i open up ACR it takes much longer to load than most sites. There is a little time bar that goes across, looking like a new download. But i dont think this is actually what it is, I think it is just a loading bar.

One last thing. What is ACR's definition of "Coming Soon." They have had that under their other games tab forever.

GrannyMae
04-15-2003, 01:04 AM
i was not attacking pokerfan, i really don't know who he is, and it seemed the rest of you do. so who is he??

http://www.techhelpers.net/e4u/comp/comp13.gif

Fraubump
04-15-2003, 01:14 AM
heh

rusty JEDI
04-15-2003, 01:23 AM
Didnt mean you granny.

n1stunnor
04-15-2003, 01:25 AM
I haven't even flamed anybody yet.

Ohh wait...What's your username at ACR Pokerfan?Maybe you were the guy earlier today that i told to suck my **** you ******* ***** ass mother****** ****sucker.

Hahah,just a joke pokerfan.Everyone knows i flame because i care.

justice4all
04-15-2003, 02:15 AM
Ok this is the deal. Right now ACR is changeing the look of the site. This is produceing more updates then normal. I remember when paradise changed thier look they did the same thing. They had a new update every other day for a while.

I Dont see the problem with sites trying to make things better. They have to update program to do this.

Lighten up!!!!!!!!! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

beernutz
04-15-2003, 04:13 AM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Beer, First of all watch your mouth.

[/ QUOTE ]
Alright, the insane comment was probably uncalled for, but I still stand by my other points.