PDA

View Full Version : Another Dog-Man Question

durron597
08-30-2005, 03:36 PM
I know I'm not David Sklansky but I mentioned his original question to some friends of mine which led to one of them essentially bringing up the following point:

Assume you own a dog. Then I'm sure you buy food for that dog, and pay to have it get shots, and spend time (and money?) grooming with it and playing with it.

So why aren't you taking all this money and time and donating it to help starving children in africa? All the charity organizations say things like "$1/day" to adopt a child or something.

This can be taken further. That nice $2000 42 inch HDTV you just bought. Why are you spending it on such an extravagance instead of using it to save lives? Why spend $1500/month on an apartment when you can find a smaller one for 2/3 the price (say) and is equally sufficient?

chezlaw
08-30-2005, 03:44 PM
It does seem unavoidable that if not sacrificing the dog to save the man is immoral then so is just about everything non-essential that we do.

chez

spaminator101
08-30-2005, 04:22 PM
liberal

djr
08-30-2005, 04:24 PM
I like the morality issues you brought up having that avatar /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

durron597
08-30-2005, 04:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
liberal

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I like the morality issues you brought up having that avatar /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Just because I bring up a morality issue or phrase it a certain way doesn't imply what side I take /images/graemlins/smile.gif