PDA

View Full Version : 3-3-6-9/4-4-8-12/10-10-20-30 adjustments.

Huh
04-14-2003, 05:41 PM
I recently started playing in a 3-3-6-9 and would like to start playing in a 10-10-20-30 game and was wondering if anyone had advice on this structure.

My original thoughts seem to be the exact opposite of what I see.

1-I figured your draws would offer a bit more cause of the big bet on the end, but failed to realize that you get far fewer calls on the end. I was suprised by how many hands get checked through on the end or folded to one bet.

2-I originally thought thin value bets on the end would be far less frequent, since a check-raise is likely to cost (3 moderate bets), and bluffing would descrease because of the cost in relation to the pot. I have found people bluff more frequently than other limits, and some of the value bets can be pretty thin or not far from bluffs(Bottom pair, etc.). As you might be able to tell, people like to show bluffs in this game.

Comments appreciated

Thanks,
/forums/images/icons/confused.gif -Huh

TobDog
04-15-2003, 09:30 PM
Much of your getting paid off on the end is based on your competetion, I think if you show down a lot of bluffs, you wil get called more, but in the 3-6-9 format, you will have more people usually in the pots, paying off on the river. In the 10-20-30 game, it should be a tighter game, not necessarilly but more often that the lower game, you will have less people in on the river. If you are playing in a game with a bunch of 'folders' then you can exploit this by value bluffing on the river when you can get a read on your opponents and their lack of strong holdings. Of course, if your opponents are observant and you are stealing and they figure it out, you should wait and then just value bet your hands on the big river, and they will pay you off, I wouldn't show any uncalled hands either, the more they know about your game, the more information they have to use against you.

bernie
04-15-2003, 09:38 PM
there was a thread a little while ago pertaining to this. it had some great stuff in it. i cant remember what it was called. i know majorkong was in it. dynasty also, i think. and others with great ideas about it. maybe someone else can remember the thread. it would be worth the read if i remember it right

b