PDA

View Full Version : ipod cellphone

snappo
08-30-2005, 02:57 PM
http://www.nytimes.com/2005/08/30/technology/30apple.html

LetYouDown
08-30-2005, 03:00 PM
I love how this is considered breaking news to some people. I've had Windows Media player and MP3s on my phone for almost 3 years...and it was available well before that. Who the hell cares if Apple and their ugly iPods are going to merge with a cell phone market? They're way behind the times.

unlucky513
08-30-2005, 03:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I love how this is considered breaking news to some people. I've had Windows Media player and MP3s on my phone for almost 3 years...and it was available well before that. Who the hell cares if Apple and their ugly iPods are going to merge with a cell phone market? They're way behind the times.

[/ QUOTE ]

you're so [censored] cool.

Patrick del Poker Grande
08-30-2005, 03:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Not as cool as all these fools about to get an Ipod cell phone.

LetYouDown
08-30-2005, 03:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Uhh, thanks? I don't find it interesting that a "name brand" product is rumored to hit the market when similar (read: better) products have been out for 5 years. No wonder Apple lost the race so many years ago. I hear the company responsible for Beta is coming out with these things called DVDs in the near future...you should check them out.

snappo
08-30-2005, 03:37 PM
I don't even own an ipod and I'd probably buy an iaudio if/when I do buy an mp3 player. But the fact is ipod is #1 brand and a lot of people do own one or want to buy one and would at least be interested in this news. No big deal. Don't be so bitter because "you had it first" or whatever.

LetYouDown
08-30-2005, 03:47 PM
I'm hardly bitter...just pointing out the fact that they've been around for a LONG time. I'm bitter at Microsoft/Apple/ClearChannel for all of this DRM crap that's making it difficult to utilize music that I've rightfully obtained, and all of the monopolization...but I couldn't care less that that someone is making antiquated hardware. And by no means did I "have it first"...I was probably 2 years behind the ball on that front. Almost as far behind as I was on the noise cancelling headphones revolution, which has proven enormously useful for me.

Freakin
08-30-2005, 04:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm hardly bitter...just pointing out the fact that they've been around for a LONG time. I'm bitter at Microsoft/Apple/ClearChannel for all of this DRM crap that's making it difficult to utilize music that I've rightfully obtained, and all of the monopolization...but I couldn't care less that that someone is making antiquated hardware. And by no means did I "have it first"...I was probably 2 years behind the ball on that front. Almost as far behind as I was on the noise cancelling headphones revolution, which has proven enormously useful for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

The point isn't that you can play mp3s on your cellphone, the point is that you get itunes on your cell phone. THere are much much better options for tech nerds that want a full-featured cell phone. But if a normal person trying to decide between an ordinary cellphone and a cool appleish phone with itunes on it, which one do you think they'll go for?

This is just another way to use their incredible dominance in the mp3 market to sell other products.

Freakin

Patrick del Poker Grande
08-30-2005, 06:17 PM
Yeah... this really looks awesome. 25-song capacity (http://www.forbes.com/technology/2005/08/30/itunes-motorola-phone-cx_pak_0830ipod.html).