PDA

View Full Version : screw a normal childhood

M2d
08-30-2005, 02:53 PM
Wieeeeeeeeeeeeeeee (http://www.honoluluadvertiser.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050830/SPORTS09/508300334/1032)

Patrick del Poker Grande
08-30-2005, 02:54 PM
I'm pretty sure she gave up a normal childhood a long time ago.

08-30-2005, 03:26 PM
I would glady of traded in my childhood for a check for $15M. Oh and the idea of having a normal childhood is so overrated, the only people who blame stuff on a lack of a normal childhood are the people who would have [censored] it up anyways.

jdl22
08-30-2005, 04:28 PM
with that kind of salary she might not need a loan to pay her tuition at Punahou /images/graemlins/wink.gif

jakethebake
08-30-2005, 04:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I would glady of traded in my childhood for a check for $15M. Oh and the idea of having a normal childhood is so overrated, the only people who blame stuff on a lack of a normal childhood are the people who would have [censored] it up anyways.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. Childhood is to prepare you for adulthood anyway. And most childhoods are split between happiness and misery anyway. I think knowledge that he/she was very good at something would make a child happier and more satidsified with their life anyway.

M2d
08-31-2005, 07:11 PM
I might have to hit her up. my son is 5 months old and I've already started saving to afford sending him there (and I'm not even moved home yet).

jdl22
08-31-2005, 11:15 PM
I'm in grad school now, when I finish I'll probably be looking for a job there teaching high school even though I'll have a phd because of our (my wife's mainly but I obviously don't mind much) preference for living there. For family reasons I'll look first at Kamehameha (should it still be running) and then at the other big schools like Punahou and Iolani. I've heard that a perk of teaching at Punahou is that you get to send one of your kids there, and I think it might even be free. Since it's such a good school that's one hell of a perk.

M2d
09-01-2005, 12:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I've heard that a perk of teaching at Punahou is that you get to send one of your kids there, and I think it might even be free. Since it's such a good school that's one hell of a perk.

[/ QUOTE ]
it's one child free. used to be all, then two then 1.5, now it's one. it's a 12K/year tax free perk, though.
also, besides being able to use the facilities, you'll be eligible for dirt cheap on campus housing if you don't already own a place, be first in line for your second and other kids to recieve financial aid if needed (they work in the library and around campus to pay it off), first in line to teach summer school if you want it, and you get to rub shoulders with some high level people in hawaii business and politics (not merely window dressing if you want to do something in the private sector, since nepotism runs hawaii).

let me know when you get closer to graduating and I'll put you in touch with a good friend of mine who teaches there.