PDA

View Full Version : Uhaul

brettbrettr
08-30-2005, 02:03 PM
I've been waiting since 8am to pick up a truck I reserved last week so I can finally say Sayonora Boston. Apparently there isn't one available *now* but I'm guaranteed one by midnight. I spoke with Uhaul and asked them why I should bother reserrving a truck is no truck would actually be reserved. I also asked them how many of their customers preferred moving at midnight. They then put me on permanent hold.

A word to the wise, don't use Uhaul.

Patrick del Poker Grande
08-30-2005, 02:05 PM
It's obligatory:

JERRY: I don't understand, I made a reservation, do you have my reservation?
RENTAL CAR AGENT: Yes, we do, unfortunately we ran out of cars.
JERRY: But the reservation keeps the car here. That's why you have the reservation.
RENTAL CAR AGENT: I know why we have reservations.
JERRY: I don't think you do. If you did, I'd have a car. See, you know how to take the reservation, you just don't know how to *hold* the reservation and that's really the most important part of the reservation, the holding. Anybody can just take them.

InchoateHand
08-30-2005, 02:06 PM
Use Penske. Newer trucks. Better trucks. Cheaper prices.

jakethebake
08-30-2005, 02:07 PM
UHaul doesn't "guarantee" a truck. It's like the old Seinfeld bit. Reserving one doesn't actually reserve one.

My last two long moves, I made the mistake of going the cheaper U-Haul route. Both times they screwed me and didn't have the truck available. Both times I went to Penske and got a truck same day. Never again.

I sent a zillion e-mails and made nasty phone calls, and never got a response. [censored] U-Haul.

craigruby
08-30-2005, 02:07 PM
Midnite in what time zone?

wh1t3bread
08-30-2005, 02:08 PM
Great reference. U-Haul does suck big time. Budget & Penske are much better.

stabn
08-30-2005, 02:29 PM
This [censored] happens with all of the truck rental companies.

vulturesrow
08-30-2005, 02:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This [censored] happens with all of the truck rental companies.

[/ QUOTE ]

Happens with dollar rent-a-car too. /images/graemlins/mad.gif

08-30-2005, 04:46 PM
"A word to the wise, don't use Uhaul."

I have used U- Haul in San Jose. Cal. countless times and I have never had a problem. I have rented their 19.95 pickup trucks for my construction business and it is an excellent deal. I have no idea why you encountered such difficulty, but my experiences with them are the exact opposite of yours.

polltard