PDA

View Full Version : Who gets the $$$ in a cancelled tourney?

messenger309
08-30-2005, 01:54 PM
My wife was playing a SNG on Party Poker when the game was cancelled due to technical reasons. They were three handed at the time. Do they just divide the money amongst the last three players? Does everyone get a refund even after being knocked out? Does PP just steal the excess money?

Rob

downtown
08-30-2005, 01:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
they just divide the money amongst the last three players

[/ QUOTE ]

lorinda
08-30-2005, 01:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
SIT & GO SINGLE-TABLE TOURNAMENTS: If a Tournament is cancelled due to technical issues, any Player who was eliminated prior to this time will lose his or her buy-in and entry fee. The remaining Players will be refunded their Buy-ins and Entry fees and will equally divide up the Buy-in monies from the Players already eliminated, regardless of the chip standing when the tournament was halted.

[/ QUOTE ]

To be honest, you should be able to look this stuff up yourself, but on this occasion I bothered to do it for you.

Party policy page (http://partypoker.com/games/disconnection_policy/index.html)

Lori

citanul
08-30-2005, 02:31 PM
you know what's sad?

this whole party killing the tables thing or whatever has happened at least a dozen times, and i ALWAYS freak out about it. always. until someone goes and cut and pastes that paragraph, i'm always on edge /images/graemlins/smile.gif actually, that's a lie, until someone puts the money in my account, i'm on edge.

but yeah, WOO HOO I GET MONEY. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

thanks lorinda.

citanul

Seth Money
08-30-2005, 03:03 PM
Nice Citanul,

I was in two today that were cancelled. Severe short stacked (blessing in disguise?) 4 handed and well chip leader in the other. Still haven't seen the money but glad all will be well

pindawg
08-30-2005, 06:49 PM
How long does it usually take for Party to get the refunds out?

ezmogee
08-30-2005, 06:59 PM
I've been hammering them about this all day as I got knocked off 3 at once...finally got this response:

Dear Ezra,

Thank you for contacting customer support.

The department concerned is currently processing the necessary paperwork in order to make any refunds.

They have advised me it will take between 24 to 48 hours for the credits to be made to the players' account.

Thank you in advance for your patience and co-operation.

If you have any more concerns or suggestions please feel free to contact us.

Best regards,

Michele
Empire Poker
VIP Players Club
Customer Support Team
www.ep.com (http://www.ep.com)

citanul
08-30-2005, 10:02 PM
It's 9pm central and I have received the money from this morning/afternoon's technical difficulties.

citanul

Seth Money
08-30-2005, 10:16 PM
UPDATE

I havent gotten my refunded yet. I'm not really worried about it. Mine happened at 1:45 today two tables. I am sure they will get all straightened out and as you can see Citanul got his so just be patient. If that was your whole roll I feel for you but its not mine and I'm ok

SethMoney

DaveKForty7
08-31-2005, 01:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It's 9pm central and I have received the money from this morning/afternoon's technical difficulties.

citanul

[/ QUOTE ]

Which skin were you on?

citanul
08-31-2005, 01:15 PM
empire.

additionally, since everyone's been complaining about cashouts through eurobet, i cashed out a large block of money to see what would happen. i guess i'll keep people updated on that too.

durron597
08-31-2005, 01:21 PM
Did they give a reason for this happening to so many of you?

citanul
08-31-2005, 01:22 PM
like every table on the party network died, at least every tournament table, was "closed for maintenance"

citanul

TheNoodleMan
08-31-2005, 02:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
you know what's sad?

this whole party killing the tables thing or whatever has happened at least a dozen times, and i ALWAYS freak out about it. always. until someone goes and cut and pastes that paragraph, i'm always on edge /images/graemlins/smile.gif actually, that's a lie, until someone puts the money in my account, i'm on edge.

but yeah, WOO HOO I GET MONEY. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

thanks lorinda.

citanul

[/ QUOTE ]
maybe this would make a nice addition to the FAQ? Just a suggestion.

citanul
08-31-2005, 02:46 PM
i actually have to do a big edit on the FAQ in a bit, so that'll happen after i move. if you PM me to remind me about this, it's much more likely i include it in the faq.

citanul