PDA

View Full Version : Huge odds, no way of improving :(

Womble
08-30-2005, 01:50 PM
Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (8 BB) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, BB calls, UTG folds, Hero calls.

River: (14 BB) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 17 BB

The turn check-raiser was very agressive over 20 hands (5.0) not a large sample but this high number had some relevance. On the turn I was getting 13:1 on the turn but about 7:1 to call down. I had no way of improving if I was against the flush/straight/set though. Slim if he had two pair

Fianchetto
08-30-2005, 02:09 PM
I think you can probably fold the turn here.

On raising the flop, I'm not crazy about it. If not already behind, you have a lot of ways to lose this hand, and you will often get 3-bet. I think I like a flop call and evaluate the turn card + action before committing a bunch of chips postflop. With a safe turn card, you can consider continuing and possibly raising. If the turn comes like the 9h or some other horrible card, you may get away having spent only 1SB postflop.

08-30-2005, 02:46 PM
My default used to be raising these types of hands in these spots. I still will always raise HU or 3-handed with a thinking player yet to act.

However, 4-handed I think you should call and revaluate on the turn.